Monday, December 27, 2010

Weekend Eating - From Ria

Happy Holidays, all!

I wasn't able to blog last Christmas because I decided to make it a blog holiday for me. :) Am not really a scrooge, but I just didn't feel like blogging on Christmas Day. Hope you all had a great celebration. Since Christmas fell on a weekend, I am sharing a picture from Noche Buena.

From Ria


We have been living in this neighborhood since 1985, and in more than two decades of living here, we have made good friends, and our neighbors aren't just friends for us, they're more like a family as well. Every Noche Buena, we would exchange a sample of our dishes, and this is what Ria gave us - fruit salad made by her SIL, and a square each of the baked goodies she bought from her friend: corn bread, carrot cake, and brownie.

Of the three baked goodies, I loved the carrot cake the most; it was moist and the butter icing was just divine. The pistachio nuts added more texture, too! Too bad Ria only gave one square, but I can always order up from her friend if I want to. I think I might.

What did you have last weekend?





*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}