Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ice Cream Fellowship

Ice Cream House sa Lagro
Ascencion Road - Brgy. Greater Lagro, Quezon City
21 March 2010

* I already blogged about this before, but because I wanted to document each of my food trips,
here is the full story behind the food trip. *

I forgot to turn off the chat on my Facebook, so I was a bit surprised to receive a message from my friend and co-household member in SFC asking me if I am going to attend the CLP that weekend. She was happy when I said yes, because she was really looking forward to us (the whole household) to have a little fellowship, because it's been so long since we last saw each other.

Unfortunately, our household leader and two of our co-members weren't present. Still, Andre and I pushed through with the fellowship, and since she was craving for some ice cream, we took a jeep to Lagro to eat at Ice Cream House. I wasn't able to take a picture of the whole food place, but it wasn't that big - only a few tables and chairs, and that it didn't have any doors (it's a hole in a wall type) - which meant no airconditioning, too.

While it wasn't much of a problem with me, the very small space in between the tables was a bit of a hassle (especially for a big woman like me). As for the food choices, I initially wanted the tiramisu, but it was not available so asking what was available, I had this:

Oreo Flurry

Oreo Flurry (p65). A plate of ice cream with a scoop each of chocolate, melon, and vanilla ice cream, topped with chocolate sauce, mini marshmallows, chocolate chip cookies, cherry, wafer stick, and half of the Oreo cookie sandwich. The vanilla and melon ice cream were quick to melt, but the chocolate one seemed to hold its shape quite longer. Like what I have said in my first post, the melon ice cream had a hint of saltiness, but it was okay. Among the three ice cream flavors, I loved the chocolate one the most, because it had a good mix of sweetness and bitterness. The vanilla one I think was a bit sweeter, but when eaten with the chocolate chips and marshmallows, the fusion of flavors was quite pleasant. I was a bit disappointed, though, that the Oreo cookie sandwich only had half of it. :(

Banana Split


Banana Split (p85). Andre's choice. Just like my dessert, hers also had a scoop each of melon, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream. Having a sweet tooth, she was able to finish her dessert in a few minutes!

Aside from delicious ice cream desserts, they also had ice cream in different flavors and different tub sizes. They have their own ice cream line, and because their ice cream is very affordable, it was really great to see parents with low income jobs (construction workers and factory workers to name a few) able to bring home some ice cream for their kids. I was able to see one mother treat her son with an ice drop, and the smile on the kid's face was priceless.

To cut the sweetness in our foods, Andre and I also had their pizza. We just opted for their solo size, which was about the size of a regular saucer. It wasn't over the top delicious, but the crust was so soft and it was a joy to eat. Although, for 30+ pesos, I found it a little bit expensive, considering that it was quite small.

There are a lot of Ice Cream Houses all over... but if you're near Lagro and would like to eat some good, affordable, and nicely plated desserts, Ice Cream House sa Lagro is located along Ascencion Road. To get there, just walk the street in between the new Goldilocks kiosk and Chooks to Go. The Ice Cream House is on the left side of the road.

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}