If you recall last month, I posted about the Mabuhay Palace Chinese cooking class at The Maya Kitchen - featuring Executive Chinese Chef Sun Bing and Chinese Operations Manager/Executive Chinese Sous Chef Josephine Yu Tanganco-Candelaria of Manila Hotel’s Mabuhay Palace. I wasn't able to attend the event, but The Maya Kitchen was so kind to send me these images so I could share it here on the blog.
Dishes prepared at the feast:
It's been raining everyday... such a gloomy weather we have at the moment, and because we all need some liquid comfort during this kind of weather, let me share you the recipe for this soup.
- 5 grams Lapu-lapu, minced
- 3 grams Straw mushrooms, minced
- 200 grams Soup stock
- To taste Salt
- To taste Sugar
- To taste Chicken Powder
- 2 grams Wansoy, chopped
- 1 gram Rice wine
- 1 gram Sesame oil
- Potato starch, soaked in water
How to Cook:
- Boil minced Lapu-Lapu and straw mushroom, then drain.
- Heat a large wok and pour soup stock in the wok. Add cooked fish and straw mushrooms. Season with salt, sugar, chicken powder, rice wine and sesame oil.
- Once seasoned, add the wansoy.
- Add potato starch until the desired consistency has been reached.
The Maya Kitchen has cooking / baking classes laid out the entire month - if you're interested to be a part of any of their classes, log on to www.themayakitchen.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.