Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mabuhay Palace Chinese Feast


If you recall last month, I posted about the Mabuhay Palace Chinese cooking class at The Maya Kitchen - featuring Executive Chinese Chef Sun Bing and Chinese Operations Manager/Executive Chinese Sous Chef Josephine Yu Tanganco-Candelaria of Manila Hotel’s Mabuhay Palace. I wasn't able to attend the event, but The Maya Kitchen was so kind to send me these images so I could share it here on the blog.

Dishes prepared at the feast:
Panfried Chinese Pancake

Shrimp Glazed with Almonds

Soy-Glazed Chicken Stir Fry

Vegetarian ‘Peking Duck’

Water Chestnuts and Anchovy Fried Rice

West Lake Style Minced Lapu-Lapu Soup

It's been raining everyday... such a gloomy weather we have at the moment, and because we all need some liquid comfort during this kind of weather, let me share you the recipe for this soup.

Ingredients:
  • 5 grams Lapu-lapu, minced
  • 3 grams Straw mushrooms, minced
  • 200 grams Soup stock
  • To taste Salt
  • To taste Sugar
  • To taste Chicken Powder
  • 2 grams Wansoy, chopped
  • 1 gram Rice wine
  • 1 gram Sesame oil
  • Potato starch, soaked in water

How to Cook:
  • Boil minced Lapu-Lapu and straw mushroom, then drain.
  • Heat a large wok and pour soup stock in the wok. Add cooked fish and straw mushrooms. Season with salt, sugar, chicken powder, rice wine and sesame oil.
  • Once seasoned, add the wansoy.
  • Add potato starch until the desired consistency has been reached.

The Maya Kitchen has cooking / baking classes laid out the entire month - if you're interested to be a part of any of their classes, log on to www.themayakitchen.com or e-mail contactus@themayakitchen.com.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}