Monday, May 14, 2012

Celebrating Two Occasions in One Day

Hello, foodies!

Yesterday was a very special day for me and my family because not only did we celebrate Mother's Day, but we also celebrated my birthday. :)

My Family


Max's Fried Chicken Sinigang na Salmon
Pansit Bihon Veggie Lumpia Bites


We went to the mall quite early that day, and even if we were tempted to visit Mooon Cafe which opened just recently, we still went to Max's Restaurant because brother wanted us to use the Complimentary Voucher for Max's 4 Sharing Meals he received during one of their events. We had the choice which kind of sinigang we would like, and we all chose Sinigang na Salmon because it's a family favorite. To add to our feast, we also ordered a serving of Pansit Bihon (for long life) and a serving of Veggie Lumpia Bites - sister's favorite. We all had a great lunch.

One thing I loved about our meal - Max's Restaurant still let us use mom's Senior Citizen ID Card. At first we were thinking they might not allow it because we already used a voucher for the 4 Sharing Meal (Chicken, Rice, Sinigang, Iced Tea), but we still gave them the card just in case. We thought, there's no harm trying; if they won't allow us to use it, then so be it... but, they did let us use it! So... not only did we have the other meal for free, we also got a discount for the added dishes we ordered! :)

32 Today Birthday Dinner

For dinner, we had typical birthday party food - spaghetti, lumpiang shanghai, cake, and ice cream. Yes, the cake was actually for Mother's Day, but to save money, we also used it as my birthday cake. I cooked the spaghetti and the lumpia, sister bought the cake.

32. I am officially out of the calendar, but I am very happy and thankful because not everybody can live up to that age, and I am now filled with much positivity and enthusiasm that this year will be my best year. :)

- * - * - * -

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last week.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}