Friday, September 17, 2010

Leila's Birthday Table



Birthday Table

About two weekends ago, I was invited to my friend Leila's birthday, which we celebrated in Dianne's house. Dianne prepared all the foods, and I was really hands up to her efforts! She prepared dinner - rice and Chicken Festive for the rice lovers, for pasta lovers she prepared Spaghetti Carbonara, and for those who wanted some bread, she prepared soft taco using tortilla wraps. I did get to taste all the dishes she served, but it was the taco/burrito that I loved the most. She told me she prepared the mayo dressing by adding vinegar and salt.

I love tacos, and with the soft tortilla wraps, I had a more pleasurable time eating it - I love the hard taco shells, but it could be a real mess eating it. I loved this food so much, I really bugged Dianne to tell me what she did exactly to the dressing so I could cook it at home. :)

*** Jenn ***

3 comments:

maiylah said...

i love soft tortilla wraps, too (i guess that's why i like KFC's twisters).

thanks for that tip about adding vinegar and salt..i wouldn't have thought of it. :)

wenn said...

nice dishes!

Jenn said...

@Maiylah - ako nga nung una I thought sour cream. Sabi nya "poor man's version" of yogurt and/or sour cream yung ginawa nya. :)

@Wenn - nice, indeed. Sarap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}