Tuesday, May 11, 2010

From the Pantry

Tuesdays on this blog is a day when I talk about anything food courtesy of my siblings. Today's post comes from my sister. Not too long ago, she got a job in a restaurant in EDSA Shangri-La, and what she does is to prepare the foods before it gets to be served to the customers. Once in a while, she would take the camera at work, and if there's a chance, she would take random pictures. She has a lot of pictures now, but I just chose five images from her files to share today.

Mushrooms. My sister has to slice these mushrooms and somehow it irritated her hands after some time.


One Serving. The good part about eating Shabu-Shabu is that customers get to cook their own food. This bowl is considered one serving. But of course, there are other ingredients that goes with it.


Kani Sticks. I just love how my sister photographs this one.


Beef Sirloin. The meats aren't part of my sister's job, she just took a picture of this because she loved how the meat people plated the sirloin cuts.


Seafood Platter. Crabs and mussels. I am not into seafoods, but this one's nicely plated.

I still haven't heard my sister complain about her job (except for the irritations in her hands), so I am guessing she's having a great time. Being a foodie, I think my sister has found a great job. I just hope she will be absorbed in the company.

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}