Sunday, September 29, 2013

Early Dinner at Figaro Glorietta

After the "Green Pastures - Farm to Table Organic Gourmet Cuisine" class at The Maya Kitchen, my sister and I roamed around the different malls in Makati City. All the walking and the shopping (we just bought a few items for the house and tried on some pairs of silver shoes), made us tired and hungry, so we decided to eat snacks at Figaro in Glorietta.

Pasta a la Pesto

Pesto Pasta
My sister was thinking of ordering the Carbonara Pasta, but chose this instead. She felt disappointed because she said that the pasta lacked the garlic flavor, but it was seasoned well and the noodles were cooked al dente.

Pancit Luglug

Pansit Lulug
First time for me to see this on the menu, so of course I just had to try it. I was super impressed at how generous the topping was, and the serving was actually good enough for two people to share. What I loved more was the noodles - I really like my pansit luglug with thick noodles, not the bihon type ones, and for 150 pesos, this was a very good value for my money. It was just unfortunate that they didn't serve this with calamansi.

Devil's Mocha Cake

Devil's Mocha Cake
My sister actually wanted to dine at Figaro because she wanted to try the cakes that she hasn't tasted yet, particularly the Blue Velvet Cake. Sadly, the branch only offered muffins and two types of cake - this and the chocolate cake. My sister is not a fan of chocolate flavored food, so she decided to go for this, and we were both blown away by how good it was! It wasn't the typical type of mocha cake we've tried... this one had a chocolate cake base with mocha frosting, but what we loved the most was the slightly bitter chocolate around the cake, which gave a different depth in its taste. The cake was dense but moist, and definitely something we would try again.

For our drinks, I went for the lemonade while sister chose the Salted Caramel drink, but I wasn't able to photograph it because it was served on paper cup, and photographing it would just be a waste because there wasn't anything to see but the white cup and the white foam at the top. Sister said it was delicious - and it had the good blend of caramel and salt.

We just went there for snacks, but we were so full that we decided not to eat dinner anymore. Despite a few misses, it had been a wonderful dining experience at this branch. Hopefully next time they will have a wide range of pastries to try because we just love their cakes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}