Friday, October 19, 2012

Desserts at the Saloon

Stagecoach Saloon Bar and Restaurant
2/F A. Venue Mall, Makati City
+63 (02)505-1724

*continuation of my holiday food trip with K*

Following the not-so-satisfying dinner, K told me we should just eat desserts somewhere, making sure we'd have a much better dessert so we could end the day on a sweet note. As we entered the mall, someone handed us a leaflet and when the person told us they do serve desserts, we went to check it out.

Stagecoach Saloon Bar and Restaurant

It looked great outside. Seeing that tarp with a few of the meals they offer, we were scolding ourselves why didn't we eat dinner there. Sighing, we just told ourselves "at least we could get to eat at two restaurants for that evening."

Interiors

We might be the restaurant's first diners, but a group of Korean yuppies entered a few minutes after. I guess life at the A. Venue Mall happens late at night - there weren't much people in any of the restaurants at the mall during that time of the night.

Billiards Table

Ceiling

The place really is like entering a "Wild West" style saloon. The billiards table are available for diners to use, by the way. I am not sure if they had the mechanical bull... that would have been nice.

When the wait staff handed us the menu, K told we were just there for the desserts. They didn't have much to offer, so from that very short list, we had:

Mango Cheesecake

Mango Cheesecake. At first, we ordered for the Strawberry Cheesecake, but a few minutes after we told our order, the chef went to our table and apologized that they didn't have strawberry cheesecake. Asking if we would like mango instead, we agreed. It's still cheesecake, after all.

The way it appeared, it was a slice of cheesecake topped with sliced fresh mangoes. While that thought was a little saddening, the taste actually made up for it big time. The cheesecake tasted great. It wasn't the typical smooth-like cheesecake I tasted in many food places, it had full of body (I really don't know how to explain it with words), and it really tasted good. K and I were really surprised by it... and the mangoes added a nice new twist to it.

Banana Flambe

Banana Flambe. My photo didn't do justice to it, but what's in it: saba bananas cooked in syrup and brandy (still hot), topped with mango ice cream and chocolate syrup. It was a little too sweet for our taste, but the contrast between the hot bananas and cold mango ice cream was just amazing!

We might only had desserts that time, but we did take our time eating, just so we could enjoy the place more.



  FTFBadge  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}