Monday, September 3, 2012

Chowking Chow Pao (Chinese Sausage)

Yesterday, sister asked mom and I if we could go out. I initially planned to go to the Weekend Market, but sister didn't want to wake up early, so we just decided to go out and eat lunch together. We didn't want to go to SM Fairview as we couldn't think of anything to do after eating, so we just went to Lagro (Hilltop Mansion) to eat at Chowking.

Chowking Chow Pao

I was eating "brunch" at 9:30am when sister suggested we go out. Still full from my meal, I just went for their newest product - the Chow Pao. Mom had tasted the Beef one before and didn't give good comments, so I just went for the Chinese Sausage, as I am a big fan of sausages. There were two variants - the regular one, which is the cheapest at 29 pesos, and this the special one - with tofu, cabbages, and carrot slices at 35 pesos.

The Mantao bun was firmer than the other type I tasted from different Chinese restaurants, but surprisingly, I did love this one. The sausage tasted okay, and eating it with the tofu, carrots, and cabbage made it more delicious. It was like eating siopao and sandwich.

Next time we dine at Chowking, I might skip the Siopao Asado and will just have this instead. :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}