Saturday, September 8, 2012

#Foodtography at SM City North EDSA

From writing personal day-to-day stories and sharing scrapbook layouts I made years ago, I made a transition to "travel blogging," mainly sharing about food trips at first. It has been four years ago, and while I know I take pretty decent food pictures, I know I still have so much to learn.

With the advent of cell phones with cameras and digital cameras, as well as the boom of social networking sites, almost everyone with an image capturing device and an account to any social networking site have started taking pictures of anything - especially that food they are about to eat (as well as the "aftermath" of a bountiful feast).

Yoshinoya - Pork Tonkatsu
Pork Tonkatsu Meal
Yoshinoya - SM City North EDSA

With this kind of a habit, SM City North EDSA recently lauched #Foodtography, a fun game for SM City North EDSA diners to become a foodtographer.

Mechanics are way too easy - just dine at any restaurant or food station in SM City North EDSA and take a picture of your meal, snacks, or drinks. Of course, you also have to tell where you had it, the price... and the dining experience if you want (though this last one's optional). Post the image on your Facebook wall, tag SM City North EDSA Facebook Page and hope you win a shopping gift card or a dining gift card.

The mechanics may be easy, but of course this is #Foodtography, so it would really help if you'd give it a great winning shot. Food may not be super lavish - remember, judges will base it on the composition of the image and not the price tag of the food, so don't just take pictures of your food "just because," instead, channel that photographer in you and come up with something that will wow people. Who knows, it might be the start of your food photography career. :)

To know more about this, and to submit your entries, please check this page (click, click):
http://www.facebook.com/smnedsa/app_139229522811253

The picture above wasn't so pretty, I admit... so yes, I will be heading to SM City North EDSA anytime soon so I can join this game. Good luck to us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}