Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Slurp Some Ramen at The Maya Kitchen This Saturday

Hello, hello!

It's been more than a month of no updates here on the blog, and I apologize for that. My netbook has gone bonkers, and I find it really difficult to update the blog using my phone as doing so drains the battery very easily (and it was difficult to tap the letters one by one as well). Right now, my sister is letting me use her netbook - provided my mom isn't using it. Hopefully, I can have that chance to use this gadget even for a few hours everyday so I can update all the blogs, that are now gathering cobwebs. :)

Anyway, weather lately has been weird - the other day it was super hot, and yesterday it was fairly cool. Regardless the temperature, a slurp of broth is always a comfort, and this Saturday, The Maya Kitchen is going to have a Ramen Craze Plus, as Japanese master chef Seiji Kamura will share his tips and secrets in creating wonderful ramen and other dishes like:

Miso Ramen, a chicken or pork broth with miso, lard and sesame for a thick, sweet and hearty soup. The thick, curly noodles are topped with spicy bean paste, butter and corn, leeks, onions, bean sprouts, ground pork, cabbage, sesame seeds, white pepper and chopped garlic.

Hiyashi Chuka, cold noodles served with thin omelette strips, boiled chicken, cucumber, boiled bean sprouts, tomatoes and pickled red ginger and wakame seaweeds.

Chachu or Japanese asado is tender, slow-cooked, marinated, stewed pork belly that can be served many ways. Chef Kamura will pepare Chachu Salad with Sesame Dressing.

Tonkatsu, pork cutlet breaded and deep fried until golden brown. Katsudon is the familiar rice bowl with panko coated pork cutlets with a sweet, savory sauce.

Chef Seiji Kamura has made the Philippines his home. He is regarded with high esteem in the local culinary scene and has been cookbook author, culinary consultant and chef demonstrator. He has penned two cookbooks with The Maya Kitchen entitled Japanese Cookbook for Filipino and Secrets of Japanese Cooking. He attended the Tokyo Cooking Academy and trained in Lyons, France.

To be a part of this event happening this Saturday - 15 February 2014 (9am - 1pm), contact The Maya Kitchen -  8921185 / 892-5011 local 108 / Mobile No. +63947 835 2290, or e-mail them - contactus@themayakitchen.com. You may also drop by The Maya Kitchen Culinary Center, located at the 8F Liberty Building, 835 A. Arnaiz Avenue (Pasay Road), Makati City.

For more information on other courses offerings, log on to www.themayakitchen.com.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}