Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hap Chan Tea House (SM City Fairview)

Hap Chan Tea House - SM Fairview

It was daddy's birth anniversary, and although he was already long gone, we still do celebrate it. Mom suggested we eat at Hap Chan Tea House because she and her friends just recently went there and she liked their dimsum (she loves Siomai, by the way).

Hap Chan Tea House - SM Fairview

It did have the Chinese-inspired decorations, minus the lazy susan tables - something I appreciated (I personally don't like lazy susan tables that much). It was spacious, but people in super big groups might have a difficult time finding an area to fit all of them. We were just four for this food trip, so we can certainly sit anywhere.

Hakaw

Hakaw
Mom may love Siomai so much, but she loves shrimps more. This one was good, it had about three whole shrimps inside, and if we didn't come here to eat lunch, I would definitely go for one serving of this, all for myself. But of course, we just had one Hakaw each for this food trip.

Mixed Meat Canton

Mixed Meat Canton
No need to wish daddy "long life," but I guess any celebrations would always call for a good serving of noodles, and that was just we had. Vegetables were cooked just right - not really half cooked, but still not soggy (it still had its crunch), and it had enough meat in it (some meat cuts were under the noodles). What I loved the most was the noodles - it was a little chewy and not the types that just melts in the mouth.

Steamed Fish Fillet

Steamed Fish Fillet
This was my suggested dish, and I was a teeny bit disappointed because of the toppings. It was actually okay, but I guess the ginger flavor was a little too strong for me.

Fried Fish Fillet with Salt and Pepper

Fried Fish in Salt and Pepper
My sister and I loved ordering Spareribs in Salt and Pepper in Chinese Restaurants, but because I was convincing them to go for fish instead of pork, we went for this. This was a very good alternative.

Sauteed Beef with Broccoli Flower

Sauteed Beef with Broccoli Flowers
Nothing really exceptional... I think we all know how this dish would taste like, this was no different.

Strawberry Ice Cream

Strawberry Sundae
Sister's dessert. I loved it because it's Magnolia Strawberry Ice Cream - my favorite. Although, I only had a taste of this, as I didn't want to deprive my sister of her ice cream... besides, my tummy can't tolerate that much dairy products.

Lemonade Fruit Shake
Complimentary Tea

Drinks.
Brother had lemonade, I had Watermelon Shake, sister decided to go for water (as she already had her dessert), and mom just content herself with the complimentary tea.

The celebration was great... and I would definitely go back here to eat more of their Hakaw.

------------------
Hap Chan Tea House
2/F SM City Fairview,
Quirino Highway cor Regalado Highway Greater Lagro, Quezon City
+63 (02) 352-7903


FTFBadge
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}