Monday, April 1, 2013

TGI Friday's Stars Behind the Bar and the Red Card

I am not an avid drinker, but I do drink. My usual choices are either cocktails or hard drinks, and tequila is my ultimate fave. I can most certainly drink tequila as is - no salt, no lemon... but of course having salt and lemon makes it yummier.

TGI Friday's Red Card
Mojito

TGI Friday's recently welcomed summer with a new bar menu to suit one's alcohol preference... may it be from beer on tap, bottled beer - both local and international labels, or different cocktails and hard drinks. Mojito is one of the bar's most popular choice, and if this is your drink, you can actually have as much as you want (sky's the limit) everyday at only p295.

Now, if Mojito's not your choice of drink, you can still enjoy your choice of drink via the Red Card, which allows you to buy one - take one on cocktails every Thursdays. These cards will be distributed to dining customers starting this week, so be sure to get one for yourself (the card expires by the end of June 2013).

Stars Behind the Bar
Stars Behind the Bar

Also happening at the TGI Friday's bar is the tour of Stars Behind the Bar. Six talented bartenders from different branches will be touring selected branches to showcase their talent, share the tips and trick to flair tending and mixing of cocktails, and of course give free drinks.

These stars went through series of auditions and most were participants of the renowed Shake, Rattle, and Pour Bartending Championship.

Presenting the Stars Behind the Bar (in no particular order) - Aidan "The One" Javar from TGI Friday's TriNoma, Genrev "The Revolution" Bacasno from TGI Friday's Tomas Morato, Gino "The Bomb" Simbillo from TGI Friday's Marquee Mall (Pampanga), Junjun "The Entertainer" Marcelo from TGI Friday's Malate, Michael "Unstoppable" Rabago from TGI Friday's Glorietta, and Ronilo "The Showstopper" Bautista from TGI Friday's Mall of Asia

Bartender / Flair

The tour officially started last 21 March at the Bonifacio High Street, and the Stars Behind the Bar performed numerous flair tending acts. Taking pictures was difficult for me as my camera just can't freeze them (they move quick), and my video didn't show the highlight of the performance; battery was running low and I just had to take a video for you to see their talent.

Celebrities Spotted
Celebrities Spotted: Laureen Uy, Arron Villaflor, and Nicole Andersson
Catch the tour on these dates and venues:
Bonifacio High Street > March 21, Aprill 11, April 25, May 09
Glorietta > March 22, April 12, April 26, May 10
Mall of Asia > April 04, May 16
Eastwood > April 05, May 17
TriNoma > April 14, May 04
Malate > April 18, May 23
Alabang Town Center > April 19, May 24
Tomas Morato > May 02, May 30
Robinson's Galleria > May 03, May 31

Stolichnaya Vodka

The TGI Friday's Stars Behind the Bar Tour is in partnership with Stolichnaya Vodka, the first vodka in space. I got to taste the Orange and Blueberry flavors and both were great, but I loved the Orange more.

For more information about TGI Friday's, their new bar menu, as well as to get updates about the Stars Behind the Bar Tour, please visit  their website - http://fridays.com.ph, like their Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/welovefridays, and follow them on Twitter - @Fridaysphil.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}