Wednesday, April 17, 2013

ABC Wednesdays - M & N

I wasn't able to post something for ABC Wednesdays last week, so allow me to catch up this week, posting my entries for M and N.




I first learned about Mochiko through a Vlog posted by Karylle. I got interested about it, and when my sister and I attended a food event, we finally got to taste it and fell in love with it. Mochi is a Japanese confection made from glutinous rice flour and is filled with red bean paste. Mochicko's Mochi however infuses this confection with ice cream and other ingredients, creating a very wonderful harmony of flavors.

These mochi are quite expensive, but worth every penny. My sister and I loves whatever flavor we go for, but her favorite is black sesame, and oreo & milk, while I love the choco-nut flavor, because it is very Filipino, and is only available in June - the Philippine Independence month.

It is frozen as you buy it, so it is recommended to thaw it for a few minutes before biting into it. Although, don't thaw it for long because you might not appreciate melted ice cream oozing out of the rice dough.



Nigiri Sushi or the Hand-formed Sushi is the type of sushi with oblong sized mound of rice topped with seafood, usually with fish and wasabi. I am just starting to learn how to eat Japanese food, but I still don't go for raw meat, so this one is still something I haven't tasted. :)

This plate of Nigiri Sushi was served to us during a food-tasting event at Minori-Tei.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}