Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lola Eats Foodhouse

Since I am not doing anything for Thursday, and since I am doing my eat out series every Tuesday, I decided to do the eat out series every Thursday using the Food Trip Friday meme. Food Trip = Eat Out.. there's a connection, right?

For this week, I will feature foods I ate from Lola Eats Foodhouse in Brgy. Talamban, Cebu City. When us Singles For Christ visited the GK village in Cebu City while there for the International Conference, we decided to eat lunch at this foodhouse.



Counter

The Lola Eats Foodhouse is a typical carinderia, but I could say it has some class. The foods were presented good, although unlike the typical carinderia, the foods are a bit heavy on the wallet. If I remembered correctly, their meat dishes were at around 40 or 50 pesos.

Escabeche

I chose to eat their fish escabeche. I have been eating meats since I got in Cebu, and I was craving a different taste. This one was 70 pesos, but it was okay, at least I got fish.

*** Jenn ***

7 comments:

Willa said...

hay...nakakagutom naman ang iyong entry, pramis!!!:)

Unknown said...

type ko rin ang escabeche na yan. that's what i usually do with my leftover fried fish.:D

Hubby's Cook said...

parang masarap nga ang escabeche na yan ah. :-)

Arlene said...

I can say yes to the prize. Whenit comes to classy carenderias --ganun talaga ang prize, Jenn pero ok naman for 2 persons. diba?

Yummy ang escabeche.

Clarissa said...

I love eschabeche,too!!My Mom used to cook escabeche.^_^

Clarissa said...

mine's up,too
http://ties-bonding.blogspot.com/2009/05/food-trip-friday_22.html

agent112778 said...

im off to La Union last Weekend and kararating ko lang now
opps sorry im late. serving my Food Friday here

opps sorry im late. serving my food TRIP friday here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}