Wednesday, September 29, 2010

K - Korean Noodles




Ever since local television started airing soap operas from Korea, not only did I find myself watching most of it, I also got interested with how they eat noodles! Being far from Korea and being far from Korean restaurants, the best thing for me to enjoy Korean noodles is to buy the "instant" ones, which I bought in a supermarket one time in 2009.

The noodles were not as salty as the ones made in the Philippines, and at first I found it quite bland. However, as I eat more and more of it, I started appreciating its taste. It was actually good. :) The cup is colored red - which meant this was a spicy kind. I have learned through a little segment in one of the magazine shows that orange packaging meant it's mildly spiced, red is spicy, and black is extra spicy.

The noodles may be good, but was a bit expensive for me (I could buy 2 cups of locally made noodles for just 1 of the Korean made), and because I was told instant noodles had so much monosodium glutamate, I stayed away from it bit by bit. Now, I cannot recall when was the last time I had a taste of instant noodles. :)

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}