Friday, September 24, 2010

J & P Chantilly Bars

This week and in the weeks to come... I'm going to share the different foods brother took home from his recent trip in Cagayan de Oro.



J & P Chantilly Bars

One of the new foods he took home was this - the Chantilly Bars. I just finished writing a blog post on my travel blog - Where My Feet Took Me - about Chantilly, the pastry shop in Dumaguete City and found out that "chantilly" is French word for "sweet cream." Given that new knowledge gained, I was hoping this would be sweet, but it actually wasn't.

When I first bite on it, it wasn't the type of pastry I was expecting. It was coarse (it was like eating crushed graham crackers) and the chocolate lacked sweetness. The chocolate wasn't the bittersweet type, I know... but chewing on it, it gave me the feeling I was eating one of those chocolate flavored pastries bought at a neighborhood bakery. Cocoa powder, perhaps? Maybe.

I didn't immediately dismiss it as "something not good," after all, it was just the first bite... and the box had 12 bars in it. As I eat one bar after another (I ate one bar after eating lunch), I have come to like it. I realized it tasted much better if it wasn't chilled, and although I still believe they used cocoa powder turned into a paste on this (correct me if I am wrong - somebody from J&P might read this), the flavor of the food is something that just grows on you. When I ate the very last bar, I felt kinda sad knowing it was the last of it, and it would take a long time for me to taste it again.

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}