Saturday, September 11, 2010

Currently Browsing...

I belong to a family that loves collecting recipes from different media. My late paternal grandfather had it, my parents had it when they were starting the family, and my brother later on took over the hobby. On the other hand, I grew up watching the cooking shows and eating, but I wasn't never into the recipe collecting itself.

My brother, I could say, is the biggest foodie in the house. At a young age he joined Del Monte Kitchenomics Club (a rare thing for guys) and he was the one who started collecting the culinary themed magazines, be it locally or internationally made. Since he was the one who was so diligent in buying the magazines, I just let him do that, and I will just savor the moment of browsing the pages of the magazine, and learning the many dishes and other food related knowledge I could get.

Currently Browsing...

May this year, I was lucky enough to be the winner of the Yummy Magazine blog contest. Along with the GC for Mr. Jones (which we will be using next week), I also won six Yummy Magazines. Supposedly, my first magazine should arrive July, but I didn't receive any, so it was just the August and the September issues that I have. As a person who is not into "collecting" recipes, the September 2010 issue is now my fourth Yummy Magazine. I guess I really am a late bloomer.

This month's Yummy Magazine focuses on Filipino dishes, and I enjoyed browsing each of its pages. I loved that they now have the out of town food trips - not only was my eyes fed with the yummy regional foods, I also got to learn something... I was thankful for that little snippet about Iloilo, now I have additional "place to check" when I travel there in November.

So many dishes and recipes, but what I really loved the most was their adobo recipes. I love adobo, and realizing that there are many ways of doing it just made me go on a little culinary mission. Well, I guess it's a thing for me to list down all the recipes I want to try and go through it one by one. For this issue alone, I have already cooked two recipes, which I will be sharing tomorrow, and the next Sundays.

From Negros to the Adarna Restaurant... from Adobo sa Buko to Guyabano Marinated Chicken, this issue just screams Filipino. As a foodie who loves Pinoy foods, I surely just can't enough of this magazine.

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}