Wednesday, September 1, 2010

G - Guava



Guava

For letter G, the only food picture I have left in my Flickr is this picture of a guava, taken in 2008 in our house in La Union. This fruit isn't included in my favorites, though at times I take pleasure of eating it, especially those with soft flesh. I don't quite like the many seeds insides that are very tough to chew.

This guava isn't ripe yet... people here call this type the Guapple - guava apple - because it's about the size of a typical apple when it is ripe. The smaller kinds were used to make jams and is used in Sinigang dishes as one of the souring agents. Those smaller types where the ones I prefer. I don't seem to like eating the guapple, though I could say that sliced ripe guapple tasted good when dipped in vinegar and salt.

*** Jenn ***

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Actually, my favorite things about guava is the beautiful color inside and I love Guava sherbet! thank you for the "guava" and lovely picture :)

Kim, USA said...

I missed guava!!
ABC Wednesday

rjs mama said...

yum! i like sprinkling an unripe guava with salt :)

mine's here

Nanka said...

Love Guavas!! Strong flavor though...yet love to eat them.
Have a great week!!

Rumya said...

Lovely fruit Guavas!! :)
Love them with a pinch of salt and pepper powder.
Hope your week is going well...

Tumblewords: said...

I don't think I've ever eaten one, but I'd love to try one.

Roger Owen Green said...

can't wait...

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Mom vs. the boys said...

I've never had that! I love your blog title!

Granny Smith said...

Guava juice is delicious alone or mixed with other fruit juices, especially passion fruit!

Jay said...

I can honestly say I have never tasted a guava, and I'm not sure I want to! It does make a great 'G' though - that photo is excellent!

Jay - ABC Wednesday Team

Jingle said...

delicious one.
Happy Wednesday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}