Wednesday, October 29, 2008

O = Octopus Pasta

Octopus Pasta


When my brother got home from La Union a few months ago, he brought some frozen octopus and squids. The squids were eaten on that day, too, but the octopus were reserved for future dishes, and the next day, brother tried to come up with a spaghetti sauce using the chopped up octopus.

I am not really much into seafood pasta, but I was very surprised that this one didn't taste fishy or something like that. Brother said he cooked it in just mushroom sauce, and although the octopus was a bit rubbery (it was pre-cooked and frozen before brother brought it home), but I still liked the way it tasted, especially with the cayenne pepper sprinkled on top.

My brother cooked this dish, but I was the one who plated and shot this picture. I love my to put cheddar cheese on my pasta and I love it really spicy!

*** Jenn ***

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Octopus. Here in Crete they hang them on a washing line before they cook them.

Ray

Winnie the poohi said...

am a veggie.. but this certainly looks appetizing!

Christine said...

great O word , but honestly not too appetizing to this vegan

photowannabe said...

Sorry but this would not be on my list of favorites. I guess its all in what a person is used to eating. Great photo of it though.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Not for this veggie, but My partner would love this.

D Herrod said...

Don't think I'm brave enough to try that.

Rinkly Rimes said...

"O" Dear! Not quite 'me'!!!!
Look on my blog and find a MUCH more appealing octopus!

Gordon said...

A creative dish by your brother; and photo by you. I have eaten squid, but not so sure about octopus.

antigoni said...

Yummy post!

naturglede/Randi Lind said...

Octopus is not my favorite food, but it is ok. Your plate lockes appetizing, so maybe I must try this dish again.Have a nice day!

Bear Naked said...

Have only tasted octopus once.
Iguess it is an aquired taste.

Bear((( )))

DeeJay said...

mmmm looks great I could eat that now.
I have never tried cheddar cheese on my pasta but always put parmesan on mine

Miss_Yves said...

Peasant photo, but I think I prefer fried octopus .
Miss Yves

Granny Smith said...

Octopus is one of my favorite seafoods when it is available. I would never have thought of combining it with pasta, but that platter looks really delicious.

Liz Hinds said...

It's a lovely photo but I can't face etaing octopus!

earthlingorgeous said...

WOW ! Octopus pasta! Thats something different! My post at Earthly Explorations involves an Octopus too!

Jay said...

Uh ... not for me! Hold the octopus!! Or would that octopus hold you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}