Saturday, June 18, 2011

Foodie 365 | Week 24

It was a very depressing thing to miss multiple pictures last week, because I have been trying to complete a Project 365 for two years now, and still I failed. Depressing at it might be, of course I have to move on and I am thankful that I didn't miss anything this week.

Presenting the foods from last week:

162. Chowking Chinese Chicken

163. Chowking Chinese-Style Fried Chicken

After eating lunch, mom told we should do grocery shopping now because she will be out tomorrow and that it has been more than a month since we last did the grocery shopping and our pantry is now nearly spent. We left the house quite late already (around 4:30pm), so we decided to eat dinner at the mall, too. Mom suggested we eat at Chowking, and since I still haven't tasted their Chinese-Style Fried Chicken, I thought I might as well try it now. It was crispy and quite tasty, but it was a bit salty for my taste.

163. Merry Moo Ice Cream

164. Merry Moo Artisan Ice Cream

I luckily won a pack of Mochi from Mochicko and was asked to pick up my prize any weekend this June at the Mercato Centrale, a weekend market located at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig. Checking my organizer, I realized the coming weekends will be hectic for me, so I went with my sister to pick up my prize. There were so many great foods at the weekend market and each stall were willing to give free taste, and one specific stall I really wanted to check was the Merry Moo booth.

I already got to taste their Earl Grey Tea and Sea Salt + Caramel ice cream and it was delicious, so when I saw their other flavors, I just couldn't help not to taste it, too. Their Strawberry Basil and Candied Bacon ice cream sounded different, but believe me, they are soooo good!

164. Jelliyum

165. Jelliyum

I bought a pack of these jellies last Saturday, but there were a few left, so I ate the rest after dinner today.

165. Chicken and Soda Casserole

165. Chicken and Soda Casserole

I was able to put a bottle of Marjoram and Worcestershire Sauce from the last grocery day, so I was able to cook this dish, which I got from the May 2011 issue of Yummy Magazine. You can check the recipe and the kitchen tale HERE.

166. Angel's Pizza

166. Angel's Pizza

Mom took home a big slice of Angel's Pizza today. She said she and her colleagues bought some for snacks, and since there were some slices left, she decided to take it home. I quickly photographed it and took a bite, but I ate this one the next day since it was near dinner when mom got home. I have always wanted to eat at Angel's Pizza, and now I know it tasted good, I really hope we could eat there real soon.

167. Giniling Maskipaps

167. Giniling Maskipaps

Lazy cooking days always prompt us to cook meat with tomato sauce and potatoes. Today, seeing there were some ground pork left, I decided to cook it, but since I just cooked the Chicken and Soda Casserole a few days ago, I didn't include tomato sauce anymore and just used chopped fresh tomatoes. It looked a bit bare, so to add colors, I just included corn kernels and green peas, and added sliced chicken hotdogs just to add more volume to the dish.

168. Fish Sinigang

168. Fish Sinigang

Mom and I love fish sinigang, and when she saw this kind of fish at the market, she quickly went to buy some because it was really delicious. Whenever we cook fish sinigang (Sinigang, by the way is sour broth), we use sweet potato tops as our greens, and we sure had a great dinner that night.

Even if I already missed a few days into the project, I am still continuing (despite me thinking of going back to #1). I will just hope next year I can complete the whole 365 days. :)


*** Jenn ***



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}