Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Burger with a Slam

Slammer Burgers
Lower Ground Floor - New Atrium Building
SM City Fairview
Quirino Highway cor. Belfast Avenue, Quezon City
12 October 2010


Slammer Burgers - SM Fairview

It was sister's day-off, and despite not feeling 100%, she still wanted to go out and enjoy this day rather than stay at home all day. I told her I wanted to try the burger joints at SM Fairview, and she thought this might be a good day to try one, so off we went to SM Fairview to eat burgers for lunch.

Slammer Burgers - SM Fairview

Our choice for today was Slammer Burgers. There was another burger joint relatively closer to where we were that time (Army Navy), but we chose Slammer Burgers because whenever we would pass by here mid or late afternoon, the place just seemed to have lots of guests.

Slammer Burgers mainly offers baby size burgers and Belgian fries. The sound of "Belgian" seemed to be European, but the place pretty much look American because of the red/white/blue furniture.

They have eight burger meals to choose from, but we decided to go for:

Bacon Mushroom Melt Meal

Bacon Mushroom Melt

Bacon Mushroom Melt Meal. Each meal consist of two burgers, a serving of fries, and a can of soda. Each burger has their own box - I just took them out for the pictures. They may seem to look small, and the patties may appear thin, but these burgers really had a lot of flavor. What I loved most about the burger is that the cheese slices are really melted. The fries tasted good - it's like KFC minus the breading on the fries.

Double Cheeseburger Meal

Double Cheeseburger

Double Cheeseburger Meal. Sister's choice. When I had my burger, I raved about the melted cheese, but thought maybe it was like that because "melt" is part of the burger's name. When sister took out her burgers, the cheese is melted, too, so more ravings from me. :)

Since each meal has two burgers, sister and I decided to exchange a burger so we could eat two different burgers. Again, the burgers may be small, but really... one burger is enough to satisfy one's hunger. Sis and I truly had a difficult time finishing off the other burger.

Other burger meals from Slammer Burgers include: Slammer Burger (which is the most basic burger), Cheeseburger, Caramel Onion Slammers, Crispy Chicken Burger, Go Fish Sandwich, and 4 pieces Cheeseburger (for groups or for someone who really has a big burger appetite). All meals are served with fries and drink.

They also have different flavored dips for the fries, each meal has the cheesy dip. You can avail any of the other dips (Roasted Garlic, Sour Cream & Chives, Honey Mustard, Mixed Herb Mayo, Jalapeno Cheese, Barbecue, Garlic Basil, Hot Bell Pepper) for 10 pesos each.

Fish and Chips

Fish and Fries. Sister was the one who went to the counter to order the foods (while I busied myself taking pictures of the place), and seeing the small boxes, she thought it might not be enough for us, so she also ordered a serving of fish and fries - served with the Sour Cream & Chives dip. This was really delicious, and I suddenly ran out of words to describe it. :) Sis and I really enjoyed this one.

Slammer Burgers in SM Fairview is located at the lower ground floor of the new atrium building. Going there, you need to take the escalator (going down) near ACE Hardware and walk a few more steps forward.

Now that we have tasted this one, I was then hoping for the next burger adventure. Next on my list was BBB (Big Better Burgers). On a sad note, me writing this food trip now makes me feel we should've eaten at Army Navy first because Army Navy closed a few weeks after this food trip, and Slammer Burgers is still very much alive.

*** Jenn ***



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}