Saturday, June 25, 2011

Foodie 365 | Week 25

This week's foods:

169. Nilagang Baka

169. Nilagang Baka

For dinner, sister cooked "nilagang baka," which literally meant, "boiled beef." This is one of popular dishes to beat the cold weather because of its very hot broth, and although we didn't have potatoes to go with this dish, the sweet potatoes we had in the vegetable bin (of the fridge) was able to suffice, even if sister seemed to overcooked it.

Chicken / Spag Meal

170. Jolly Chicken and Spaghetti Meal

I already blogged about this last Monday (please read HERE)... my favorite meal from Jollibee.

171. Fish and Chips

171. Fish and Chips

Last grocery day, sister included a 1kilo pack of cream dory, and for this day she cooked fish and chips. Normal fish and chips we see served at restaurants include the whole fillet of fish, but here in the house, we prefer it cut to pieces before frying. I made the dip by combining cream, lemon juice, mayonnaise, finely chopped garlic, and some spices and seasonings.

172. Buco Pie

172. Colette's Buco Pie

Cousin Jayson was hired at Samsung Philippines, and this day, he took care of his medical records, and when he got home, he gave us two boxes of Colette's Buco Pie (young coconut pie). Colette's has been our choice of buco pie, but this time I was completely disappointed. The pie got smaller, it had lesser custard, and it wasn't as delicious anymore.

173. Simple Caldereta

173. Simple Caldereta

Caldereta is a Spanish-inspired beef dish. We still had some beef left, so sister turned it to simple caldereta by using just beef, potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and tomato sauce. It wasn't spicy, but we had some chili garlic sauce on the side if we wanted to make it spicy.

174. Texan Ribs

174. Ultimate Texan Ribs

Something I ate at the first bloggers' buffet at Carol's Texan 5.

175. Crema de Fruta

175. Crema de Fruta by Max's Corner Bakery

Today the rain poured hard. It has been raining nonstop since yesterday, and since most places are already flooded, classes were suspended and government offices closed by noon time. Mom and her co-workers grabbed the time to go to the nearby mall to watch a movie, and she brought home some crema de fruta for our desserts. It was yummy, but I am not really into fruits, so this one was just okay for me.

This week was ruled by beef.. next week, I want to make it veggie week.

*** Jenn ***



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}