Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Taquitos

Taquitos

In college, one of my comfort foods included tacos (or yes, taquitos). I just love how this snack can be considered a meal during hectic college days. I can just cook the ground beef, cut up the veggies and use thinned cheese spread (instead of grating cheese), and just lay it on a table and prepare some while reviewing or maybe serve it to classmates when they come here in the house to do group study sessions. At times, if I am really, really busy, I'd just toss the fillings together, crack my taco shells and just scoop out the fillings. I am not a beer drinker (taking cue from the quote I used), but a glass of very cold softdrinks will always be more than enough. It might be a little messy to eat, but what the heck, it brought me comfort!

This taquito dish was something I prepared last March following a recipe from a cookbook we have here at home. Should you want to try and prepare it, I posted the recipe HERE.

*** Jenn ***

ABC_Wed_8

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}