Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Eating | Delivery on a Rainy Day

Am sure most of us had our own celebration for Father's Day. Here at home, we didn't have any celebration as dad is already gone, but of course we did remember him and his love for us.

Anyway, there were quite a lot of things lined up for my Sunday (supposedly), but because it rained non stop, everything was cancelled and I found myself inside the house - missing the Toy Con, missing the Jose Rizal birth anniversary celebration, missing the Antipolo road trip with mom and her colleagues. It was a big downer, but I do hope this coming week will be a good one for me.

Like I said, it rained quite a lot today, so weren't able to go to the market to buy foods. For dinner, mom suggested we call the Jollibee hotline and just have foods delivered. The delivery came in 45 minutes after we made the call, but there wasn't a need to complain about it, as we understood that it was raining and that the store still had to phone us back regarding the total amount to be paid as mom used her SC Card. As usual, we had:

Chicken / Spag Meal

Chicken and Spaghetti Meal. My choice. Actually, I was having difficulty thinking what I wanted to eat, so I just went with my "always the favorite order." I loved that there were quite a lot of spaghetti, but for some reason I just wasn't able to finish it. The chicken was good, but not as good as the last one I had.

Chicken / Palabok Meal

Chicken with Palabok Meal. Mom's choice. Yep, always her favorite. :) My mom also wasn't able to finish this, but it was alright. She's not eating as much come dinner time because of her blood sugar is quite high now (but no need to be concerned just yet). In her last PE, there were itty bitty problems with her ECG (again, no reason to be concerned), so she has been watching her food intake, and I was actually glad that she's now discarding the chicken skin. I ate the rest of her chicken, while sis ate the rest of her palabok.

Yum with TLC

Yum with TLC. Cousin Jayson's choice. Well, I wasn't able to taste this one, but sister calls it Champ's little brother, and yes, I do think that this is the smaller version of the Champ.

Speaking of the Champ, it was sister's choice (plus a solo serving of Palabok), but I totally forgot to take a picture of the burger. Oh well, I guess me photographing the Yum with TLC made me think I already had a picture of sister's burger.

The foods might be the same as our last Jollibee Delivery, but there were something new:

Sour Cream Fries

Sour Cream Fries. Cousin Jayson went to upsize his drink and fries, and asked if the new flavored fries was applicable to the value meal. Good thing it was.

Four Cheese Fries

Four Cheese Fries. Sister also went to upsize her fries and drink, and since cousin went for the sour cream, sister decided to get the other flavored fries - four cheese. Well, I didn't know what were the "four cheeses" in the flavoring, but giving it a taste, it was like ordinary cheese powder.

A little note about the flavored fries... you can only get it if you order the large and extra large fries.

This was our second Jollibee delivery this month, if we do another delivery before 31 July, we can have a cube pad free. Shall we go for it? I don't know yet.

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE.




*** Jenn ***



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}