Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Food Trip Checklist

Halo Halo de Iloko

Last week, before my friend Ria and I traveled to La Union and Vigan for a four day sojourn, I made a post about my Food Trip Wishlist. Here's a follow up to that post.
  • Halo Halo de Iloko (San Fernando City, La Union) - This is where Ria and I ate lunch on our second day.
  • Midway Grill (San Fernando, La Union) - Where we ate lunch on our third day; we were supposed to eat elsewhere for dinner, but Ria loved their food so we returned come dinnertime to eat again. Yum-o!
  • Sebay Resort (San Juan, La Union) - This is where we planned to eat dinner during the Surfing Break (first day), but we thought their menu was unappealing and their foods were quite expensive. We just went to eat dinner at Midway Grill since we can already attest to the taste of their foods.
  • Hen Haw (Bauang, La Union) - It was mid afternoon when we reached the town of Bauang on our second day, so there was just no reason for us to eat there. Although, we got to eat dinner at Hen Haw in the town of Bacnotan on our first day, after we checked the sunset at Paratong Beach
  • Cafe Uno (Vigan, Ilocos Sur) - Where we ate lunch on our fourth day. Ilokano eating!
  • Cafe Leona (Vigan, Ilocos Sur) - Where we ate dinner before watching the Halloween Street Parade along Calle Crisologo. We were hoping to eat outside, but because of the parade / street dancing, only few tables were set up outside. We just had to eat inside, but it was still great.
Although we weren't able to dine in at Sebay Resort, Ria and I were able to eat at a new food place (at least for me) - Country Style at the Raymond Bus Station in Cubao. This is where we ate late breakfast before traveling to La Union, and is where we had breakfast upon arriving in Cubao from Vigan. Nice eh? We started and ended the vacation at Country Style.

The stories behind each of the food trips will be shared in its own time.

*** Jenn ***

(
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}