Wednesday, November 3, 2010

O - Oysters / P - Pocky

Two of my blogs are joining ABC Wednesdays... and like what I have told in my other blog, I was out of town last week, so this post is a catch up for letter "O," and a post for this week's letter "P."

oysters

"O" is for oysters. This bowl of sauteed oysters was cooked by mom using oysters collected from her hometown. Her hometown is blessed with great marine life, and because of the fish cages sprouting in the sea, the excess feeds not eaten by the milkfishes attracted other marine life, oysters included. These oysters aren't as big as the others, but even if you go to the island shore, you can just pick a rock and see some oysters in it. At times, when the family would vacation there, my siblings and I would get some oysters from the shore and brother would eat them raw.

Well... I don't eat oysters, so I will just take a picture of the dish.

pocky


"P" is for Pocky. I have long heard of this food, but it was just in May that I took a bite of it. It was really delicious, and I was instantly hooked. I first had a taste of the chocolate flavor, then I went on to buy the milk and strawberry flavors. There's a lot of flavors to choose from actually, but the Philippine market didn't have much. Last month, my mom and I went to a Duty Free shop and I saw the chocolate with almonds, but I am trying hard to lose weight, so even if I wanted to buy a box, I quickly decided not to.

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}