Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Life is a Bowl of Cherries."

The pictures stored in my net book are all from 2010. Pictures from 2009 and older were stored in DVDs, and now that I can access the files, I decided to dig up old pictures that are aren't shared in this blog yet.

Cherries


This picture was taken in 2007, when the family went to check the Salcedo Village weekend market in Makati City. At that time, only brother owned a digital camera, and because he was using it to capture pictures (it was our first time there), I took this one using my cell phone. I think it was also the first time I saw fresh cherries, so I didn't let a moment pass without taking a picture of it.

The quote I chose for this picture:

"Life is just a bowl of cherries; don't take it serious, it's mysterious.
Life is just a bowl of cherries, so live and laugh, and laugh at love...
love a laugh, laugh and love." - Bob Posse

Actually, the quote "Life is just a bowl of cherries." is a proverb, as what's written on Think Exist, where I took the quote I used in the image. Funny, while choosing what quote to use, I came across a quote by Erma Bombeck saying, "If life is just a bowl of cherries, then what am I doing in the pits?"

I still haven't tasted fresh cherries. It has always been the bottled ones and/or the cherry flavored foods that I have tasted. My friend Ria said fresh cherries tasted good with chocolate. I guess for now I will just imagine how it tasted... cherry isn't one of the very delicious fruits I have tasted, but then again I am not really into fruits. I only take pleasure in eating papaya and pineapple.

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}