Friday, June 7, 2013

Razon's of Guagua (SM City Fairview)

Razon's of Guagua - SM Fairview

When Razon's of Guagua opened at SM Fairview, mom and sister have wanted to dine there. There was the curiosity to taste their ever famous Halo-Halo, but brother was teasing us because he was able to dine at Razon's in Pampanga... therefore he felt what he tasted was more authentic. Actually, if I was given the choice, I sure want to dine at any of their branches in Pampanga (like the way I went to Deco's in La Paz, Iloilo just to eat their La Paz Batchoy), but because a trip to Pampanga was very hazy, this will do for now.

Razon's of Guagua - SM Fairview

The size of this branch may just be okay... but every time we pass by during lunch and dinner, the restaurant is always jam packed. We were quite lucky to have entered at the right time, because in just 30 minutes, the place was filled with hungry diners.

What we had:

Pancit Luglug

Pancit Luglug
My choice. This is my type of pancit luglug (or palabok) - with slightly fatter noodles. This may look simple, but it was really good. There's something in the sauce was quite different from the other of its kind I have tasted, and I wouldn't mind eating this again and again.

Sisig

Sisig
Pampanga is a province known for its delectable dishes, and one of the dishes that originated in Pampanga is Sisig, and that's what my sister chose. I think this is one of her favorite dishes because in the many food trips we've had, she would always choose this (if available).

This has been the simplest Sisig we've tasted. As you can see, it's all chopped pork (and calamansi) - no chicharon, no egg, no other extenders... but it was very tasty and satisfying!

Chicken Pork Asado

Chicken - Pork Asado
Brother's choice, and he was very happy when this was served to him because it was a very hearty serving! A big chunk of pork and one big chicken leg, cooked to asado perfection. The pork, even if it was thick was tender and juicy, and very tasty, too. However, between the pork and the chicken, I preferred the chicken more.

Sizzling Bulalo

Sizzling Bulalo
Mom's choice. Another hearty serving of a dish, which we all shared. Actually, because it was our first time to dine here, we shared all our choices. At first we were a bit apprehensive if this one would taste good, but it did! The beef was very tender and the sauce was great as well.

Halo-Halo

Halo-Halo
Us three girls had a glass of Halo-Halo for dessert. True to what people say, the ice was the one that sets this apart from other Halo-Halo. It was delicious alright, and I loved it, but I personally prefer my Halo-Halo to be packed with different ingredients. My sister loved it very much because there are a lot of the usual Halo-Halo ingredients she doesn't like, but even if I loved this Halo-Halo tasted, I would still choose the one with tapioca pearls, sweet potatoes, ube, and even pinipig.

Silvanas

Silvanas
Since brother didn't go for the Halo-Halo, he went for a piece of Silvanas for his dessert. Nothing exceptional as this tasted like any other Silvanas we've tasted.

San Nicolas

San Nicolas
This we bought to take home because this is uniquely a Pampangueno cookie. It is called San Nicolas to pay homage to St. Nicolas Tolentino, the patron saint of bakers. I truly love this one. Tasted a little bit like uraro and puto seko, but quite different as well.

Razon's of Guagua still has so many dishes to offer, something we will come back for next time.


FTFBadge
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}