When one speaks of summer getaway, or an out of town trip, we don't just plan where to go, we also take the time to think about the food we want to pack and eat while traveling. For us, we usually pack for chips and crisps, candies, and bread, as well as rice and fried chicken for lunch. Not once did we ever take a box of doughnuts with us because we usually pack heavy bags filled with clothes. We do want to (seeing people at the airport carrying boxes of doughnuts always make us feel jealous), but it wasn't feasible for us to do...yet.
I was invited to the launch of the Krispy Kreme App late last month, and we were among the first ones to try the app. Powered by Mobext, the app is available on both IOS and Android, so whatever smartphone or tablet you are using, you can easily download it and order your favorite KK treats.
Upon installing the app, tap on the three lines on the upper right corner to see the menu. For first time users, tap on "Sign-Up" and supply the needed details.
Once you created an account, you can then order the treats you want. Aside from the doughnuts, you can also order coffee as well as a combination of doughnuts and coffee. If you wanted to go for the assorted doughnuts, you then have to choose the doughnuts you want.
When your order is complete, simply tap on "Proceed to Checkout" and review the details. You can always go back if there is an error. You then choose whether you want your orders to be delivered "now" or at a later date, or to be picked up.
Things to know:
- Upon checkout, there is a box at the bottom of the order slip where you can place your notes. Use this to indicate who will receive the order (for delivery) or who will pick up the order at the store.
- For delivery orders, it is quite sad that there are only 8 key locations at the moment - Ortigas Center, Makati Central Business District, Bonifacio Global City, Malate / Macapagal Blvd., Gateway, Greenhills, Alabang, and Eastwood. If your delivery address is within the scope of these eight places, you may go for the delivery service.
- Delivery time is from 8am - 8pm.
- For pick-up orders, please specify the branch, the date and time when you will pick up the order.
- The time of pick up depends on the store's operation hours.
- Minimum order is 500 pesos.
- Payment is via Credit Card or Cash on Delivery/Pick-Up.
By the way, once your order is successful, you will receive a call from a customer service representative to confirm your order and to ask a few more necessary details - like landmarks near the delivery address and the likes. A soft copy of the receipt will be sent to your e-mail address, so you can also document it or use it as reference if you are going to pay using your credit card of GCash.
You can also use the app to locate Krispy Kreme branches nationwide, as well as a tracker for the stamps you have accumulated because every order using the app will earn you stamps, which can be used to gain rewards.
|KK Doughnuts + a road trip book|
The only sad note I can say about this app is that my sister and I planned to order doughnuts for our brother and his wife in Cagayan de Oro, and even if there is a Krispy Kreme branch near them, the Cagayan de Oro branch is not listed, so we still couldn't use the app to send brother KK doughnuts. :(
The app is still at its early stages, so I understand the limitations. I am sure changes will happen as the days go by. We are now interested to try it out on our next adventure.
*** Jenn ***