Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Eating | Chicken Deli

Chicken Deli
3rd level - SM City North Edsa (Annex)
20 August 2011

Chicken Deli - SM North

Brother and I attended the 2nd Blogger Fiesta Manila last Saturday at the Cyberzone of SM City North Edsa, and while walking to the event area, brother saw this food place with balloons, thinking it was its opening day. He told me that if we would eat there for lunch, and right before the event started, he and I went there to eat our lunch. We were supposed to eat lunch together with our second cousin Marjorie (of Living Marjorney) and two other bloggers, but they decided to find a different food place. Bro and I were already decided to eat at Chicken Deli, so we went ahead and placed our orders.

Chicken Deli - SM North

Chicken Deli may be new for us, but its history actually goes back to 1983. It is one of the most successful restaurants in Bacolod City, and aside from Chicken Inasal, they also offer Grilled Liempo, Isol, and Isaw... as well as Batchoy, Kare-Kare, Sisig, and some desserts.

Chicken Inasal - Paa

Chicken Inasal - Paa. My choice. The leg quarter is always my choice, and although I have tasted different versions of Chicken Inasal, I was really surprised and impressed at how delicious this was. It was marinated good, the meat was tender and very juicy. I actually liked it so much that I used my hands in taking out the meat off the bones, and yes, all what's left on my plate were bones (and the bamboo stick).

Chicken Inasal - Pecho

Chicken Inasal - Pecho. If I love the chicken leg quarter, my brother always go for the breast part because he isn't much into chicken skin and the fatty parts of the chicken (near the tail).

We opted to go for the hot and spicy - which meant adding p5 more to the bill (per plate). Brother thought it was marinated in spicy mix of seasonings, but turned out they just poured some chili oil on the chicken. We weren't complaining at all, the spicy oil made it more delicious, but since the oil was just topped, some parts of the chicken wasn't spicy.

The paa part was p97, the pecho was p99. Both plates had a small bowl of soup, which tasted good (unlike the one at Mang Inasal where their soup was way too sour), and of course you can have unlimited rice as well. Drinks weren't part of the meal, but water was already good enough to complete the dining experience.

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last week.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}