Friday, April 22, 2011

Honey Mustard Chicken

When brother brought home half of his culinary magazine collection, I started browsing the magazines one by one, looking for some recipes to re-create. While doing so, he told me that his most favorite one was the FOOD Magazine "Eat and Run" cook book, a collection of quick and easy dishes. True enough, the dishes were easy to follow, and I think I wanted to try everything, though of course I can't, because some needed an oven. The ones that didn't need an oven were quickly written in my list, and the first one I tried was this:

Honey - Mustard Chicken


Honey-Mustard Chicken
{6 Servings}

Ingredients:
  • 1 kilo chicken thighs or legs
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
  • 4 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce

How to Cook:
  • In a bowl, rub chicken with salt and pepper.
  • In a frying pan, heat oil over high heat, about 2 minutes. Fry chicken pieces, skin side down, for about 3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Turn chicken over and cook for 2 more minutes.
  • Scoop off excess oil in the pan and lower the heat.
  • In a bowl, blend mustard, honey, and soy sauce and pour over the chicken. Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked, basting the top occasionally with sauce.

True enough, it was a very easy dish to make, and my siblings loved it. At first I was a bit hesitant to serve this because the mustard was overpowering the taste of the sauce before I cooked it, but somehow, when the dish was cooked, the tang of the mustard and the sweetness of the honey just made a good balance.

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}