Saturday, March 5, 2011

Foodie 365 - Week 9

I still am here in La Union (but will be home by Monday morning), and with more than a week of vacation, it allowed me to eat out every single day, although not all will be shared in Food Trip files. I am just using the free WiFi and I don't know just when it will be available... so here are the foods I ate for Week 9:

Foodie 365 - 57/365

Foodie 365 > 57/365 - Sumo Pork Katsu
Kamimura - Foodcourt SM Baguio
Baguio City, Benguet
26 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

After the Panagbenga Festival grand street parade, sis and I went to eat lunch at the Foodcourt of SM Baguio. My sister chose to get the Chicken Katsu, so I went for the pork and I found it good, although I disliked the veggie side dish.

Foodie 365 - 58/365

Foodie 365 > 58/365 - Rocky Road Cake
Olives Restaurant - Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point
San Fernando, La Union
27 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

I took my sister to the Thunderbird Resorts because she still hasn't seen it. Last October, I already saw their "Cake of the Day" thingie, and seeing that they still have the promo (featuring different cakes, of course), sis and I went for it. This was my choice of cake - the Rocky Road cake. The cake was so soft and very airy, but I did love the frostings... so delish!

Foodie 365 - 59/365

Foodie 365 > 59/365 - Fries and Drink
McDonald's - CSI Mall
San Fernando, La Union
28 February 2011
{Sony Ericsson K800i}

I forgot to bring my memory card reader, so I asked my sister if she could come help me look for one. I got to buy a cheap one, and since it was so late already, sis and I got hungry and just settled for McDonald's. I just went to eat their budget chicken meal (which looked horrendous), but I did get to eat some of sis' French Fries. :)

Foodie 365 - 60/365

Foodie 365 > 60/365 - Gallant Special
Pizza Gallant
Bacnotan, La Union
01 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

The snack house has been there for a year already, and when I got to eat their foods the first time last year, I didn't like it. However, I don't really close my doors on a food place after a bad experience, so I was happy to give it another try - and I am so happy I did. I loved the foods I ordered, including this pizza - the Gallant Special. It had all of my favorite pizza toppings, and I just found myself raving after every bite.

Foodie 365 - 61/365

Foodie 365 > 61/365 - Chicken with Rice and Spaghetti

Greenwich - Magic Mall
Urdaneta City, Pangasinan
02 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

We went to visit the Manaoag Church in the province of Pangasinan because Aunt Julie said the church grounds had something new. After the church visit, we took the tricycle to the city of Urdaneta where we had some snacks. They all went for Jollibee foods, while I went for Greenwich (two stores, one dining area). I don't know why I chose this, and I regret I did. I should've just went for a single serve pasta.

Foodie 365 - 62/365

Foodie 365 > 62/365 - Roadside Halo Halo
San Gabriel, La Union
03 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

My sis, cousins (and their friends), and I went for a hike to the Tangadan Falls, and after a very, very, very tiring hike, we decided to eat Halo Halo (a Filipino dessert/snack). It was a very unique one because it had grated young coconut, pineapple chunks, and a tablespoon of whole milk powder, yet I could say it was one of the best I have tasted.

Foodie 365 - 63/365

Foodie 365 > 63/365 - Pizza Cookie Dough
Joey Pepperoni Pizzeria - SM Baguio
Baguio City, Benguet
04 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Week 9 started and ended with a food trip in SM Baguio. Sister and I decided to travel back to Baguio, and for lunch, we ate at Joey Pepperoni Pizzeria. We had our own plates of pizza, pasta, and dessert... and since she went for the chocolate mud pie, I went for the Pizza Cookie Dough. I loved my dessert - the not so sweet soft cookie dough cuts the sweetness of the vanilla ice cream, something that I was thankful for because sister's mud pie was so sweet for our liking.


I still have a few days left for this vacation, so the next days will feature eat out foods, but of course, when I get back home, it's time to don the apron and do home cooking again - something I really miss doing.

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}