Saturday, March 19, 2011

Foodie 365 - Week 11

Internet was quite tough this weekend, so while I still have some Internet juice, here are the foods that made up my Week 11.

Foodie 365 > 71/365

Foodie 365 > 71/365 - Pinipig Polvoron
12 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Sister and I went on a vacation, so it was just now that we started eating the polvoron we received from a Food Blog Event.

Lechon Manok

Foodie 365 > 72/365 - Lechon Manok
13 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Brother was craving for some lechon manok, so he went to the market place to buy one whole chicken for the family. As always, I took the leg quarter - my favorite chicken part.

Foodie 365 > 73/365

Foodie 365 > 73/365 - Mango
14 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

I was already done with my dinner when I realized I still haven't taken a picture for my project; good thing I still have to eat my dessert - mango! Am not a big fan of this fruit, but this particular one was so sweet and delicious.

Foodie 365 > 74/365

Foodie 365 > 74/365 - A Different Kind of Adobo
15 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Brother cooked tonight's dinner - he was actually aiming to do a dish somewhat similar to the lechon paksiw, but we already ran out of lechon sauce, so he just cooked this one adobo style, but still added some banana blossoms and some baby potatoes as well.

Foodie 365 > 75/365

Foodie 365 > 75/365 - Mussels Relleno
16 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

I got to experiment on two dishes today - I tried making crepes (which was quite an adventure - will share it on Tuesday), and when mom got home from office, she had some mussels, so I also tried cooking this using some of the mussels. I was very happy with my kitchen experiment today... and despite the toasty look, mom said this dish was delicious... which made me really, really happy.

Foodie 365 > 76/365

Foodie 365 > 76/365 - Sinarabasab
17 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Something brother served as part of our dinner tonight. She had some marinated pork, which he grilled and cut into bite size pieces then added chopped onions and tomatoes, then added some bagoong (fish paste). The mango in the plate was my sister's, I just put it there for color. :)

Foodie 365 > 77/365

Foodie 365 > 77/365 - Taquito Longganisa
18 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Another kitchen experiment... I already asked brother to include a box of taquitos last grocery day, but it was just now that I was able to use it because I wanted to try this recipe from FOOD Magazine, and it was just now that our pork delivery person delivered some longganisa (sausages). This was a risk - using sausages as filling for the taquitos - but it was really a pleasing surprise. I only made five pieces because I only used one sausage link, but sister loved it a lot that she asked me to cook it again. Well, the box had 24 taquito shells (minus three - sister ate the shells by itself after eating her share of this), so for sure this is a dish we would cook and eat again. :)

I said last weekend that I will try to share home cooked foods for this week, but obviously I wasn't able to do that. Well, I already finished browsing all of our culinary magazines, so I will plan out the menu and try at least 2 recipes for this week. Of course, I cannot do kitchen experiment everyday because of the availability of the ingredients, so part of the coming week's menu will also include dishes we typically serve at home.

Happy weekend, everyone!

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}