Saturday, March 12, 2011

Foodie 365 - Week 10

So nice to be home in Week 10... but even if I am already home, dishes for this week weren't all home-cooked. Maybe Week 11, I'd attempt to share foods cooked in our kitchen.

Here are this week's foods:

Foodie 365 > 64/365

Foodie 365 > 64/365 - Kilawing Dilis
05 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Something Aunt Julie made for lunch. Sister and I went to the cemetery to visit daddy's grave as this day was his death anniversary, and when we got home, Aunt called us to eat lunch. When I lived in La Union for nearly a year, Aunt and cousins would prepare this every now and then, but didn't seem to like it because it's raw and I am not a big fan of raw meat. However, seeing these anchovies all white because of the vinegar, I tried eating it and liked it. Needless to say, I did have a lot to eat that lunch.

Foodie 365 > 65/365

Foodie 365 > 65/365 - Spaghetti Chicken Meal
Jollibee - Vigan, Ilocos Sur
06 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

My sister and I traveled to Vigan City from Bacnotan (La Union) with very little money. The night before, we actually discussed whether to cancel this one and just go straight home, but Vigan is my favorite place and I couldn't seem to let a chance pass, so even if we had very little money, we still pushed through. We were supposed to eat a roadside eatery, but we couldn't find the one brother was suggesting, so we ended eating in Jollibee.

Whenever I am eating at Jollibee, I always order any of two meals: the Hotdog and Fries meal, and this one. This makes me really full, ready to face the day ahead. :)

Foodie 365 > 66/365

Foodie 365 > 66/365 - Whole Fried Chicken with Kamote Fries
Max's Restaurant - Glorietta 1, Makati City
07 March 2011

{Canon Powershot SX130is}

While in La Union, I received an invitation via text for a food bloggers' event at Max's Restaurant. I was too quick to respond "yes," then I realized the date of the event. My sister suggested I should push through with it because it would be a great event to attend. She was right.

The event is all about their "Seafoods Selections Promo," but aside from the delicious seafood dishes they served, they also served us one whole fried chicken. Of course, as food bloggers, we would stop and take pictures first before we eat.

Foodie 365 > 67/365

Foodie 365 > 67/365 - Bistek
08 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Mom bought some beef and immediately, sister requested Bistek. Brother marinated the meat, but near dinner, he fell asleep and I decided to cook the dish. It turned out to be okay.

Foodie 365 > 68/365

Foodie 365 > 68/365 - The Simplest Salisbury Steak
09 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

It was supposed to be grocery day, which meant eating out, too... but I preferred to stay home and let my toe recuperate. Beef was the only meat in our freezer and checking the pantry, I just took out the can of cream of mushroom soup and the can of button mushrooms to whip is one up.

Very easy dish to cook - I sliced the beef and seasoned it with salt and pepper... seared in olive oil, then set aside. I then stir fry the button mushrooms into the same pan, then put some of the cream of mushroom and beef broth. When the sauce is already to my preferred consistency, I poured it in the plate, lined up the beef slices and topped with the mushroom.

Dinner in 10 minutes!
...and delicious, too!

Foodie 365 > 69/365

Foodie 365 > 69/365 - Lengua de Gato
10 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

We still haven't eaten all of the foods included in our goodie pack from the previous Max's Restaurant food bloggers' event (not the one I shared in this post with the chicken), so today I opened the Lengua de Gato container. It was just soo good! Delicious in every way!

Foodie 365 > 70/365

Foodie 365 > 70/365 - Honey Mustard Chicken
11 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

I wasn't feeling so good this day... I felt a flu building up, so at 10am, I turned off my netbook and decided to think what to cook for lunch. I saw the chicken drumstick, and resorting to my list of "Recipes I hope to cook," this one caught my attention, and since I just asked brother to buy me a bottle of honey last grocery day, I decided to go for it. Well, I did like it, and for sure I am going to cook this again in the near future.

Recipe will be shared next time, though.


Happy weekends, foodies!

...and oh, if you can, please say a little prayer to our brothers and sisters in Japan. Thanks!

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}