Saturday, February 16, 2013

Culinary Icon Glenda Baretto at the Maya Kitchen

Excitement was how I felt when I found out that the next featured class at the Maya Kitchen will feature no less than Ms. Glenda Barretto. Who's she?
An accomplished chef, caterer, entrepreneur and author, Glenda Barretto is the force behind the Via Mare chain of restaurants. She has almost single handedly elevated catering into an art form, serving local and foreign dignitaries as well as celebrities and movers of society. She has penned bestselling culinary books as a solo author. In the recent past, she has collaborated with other chefs to come out with the well acclaimed coffee table book, Kulinarya.
Actually, I have seen a few of her TV guestings and I only have total admiration for her. As a first on the Maya Kitchen, Ms. Glenda Barretto will not only conduct a culinary dialogue - talking about her decades-long dominance as a Filipino cuisine icon, but will also answer questions and share tips and tricks both as a chef and as an entrepreneur.

Of course, it will not be an all-talk event, she and one of her long time chefs will also demonstrate recipes of well-loved Filipino dishes.

This event will take place on February 23, 2013 (Saturday) at 9am to 1pm. If you're interested to attend this class, please contact the Maya Kitchen:

Address: 8F Liberty Building, 835 A. Arnaiz Avenue (Pasay Road), Makati City
Phone Numbers: 8921185 / 892-5011 local 108
Mobile Number: +63947 835 2290

For more information, log on to
www.themayakitchen.com or e-mail them at contactus@themayakitchen.com

See you there!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}