Sunday, November 4, 2012

Last Meal with K

John and Yoko Cosmopolitan Japanese
2/F Greenbelt 5,
Legaspi St Ayala Center, Makati
+63 (02)729-8698

John & Yoko - Greenbelt 5

It was nearly lunch when we exited the Ayala Museum, and when K asked me where I would like to eat our last meal together, I suggest John and Yoko in Greenbelt 5. I haven't eaten there yet, but I did like the idea of us eating here. Comparing ourselves with John and Yoko - he's British, I am Asian. He's my John, and I am his Yoko, so to speak. :)

John & Yoko - Greenbelt 5

Though I am not a fan of dimmed interiors (as it makes taking food pictures difficult), I did love the aura and the look of the colors inside. Thinking about the "west meets east" fusion the name John and Yoko bring, K thought it would have a mix of both west and east cuisines, but this one centers on Japanese - something he didn't truly appreciate, but still embraced it.

Bacon Wrapped Dory

Bacon Wrapped Dory. Not wanting to go heavy as he will fly back to England later that day, he went for this. The thrifty me found this a little too expensive (I forgot the actual price, though), as it was basically 5 cuts of dory fish wrapped with bacon, but the flavor sort of made up for it. The combination of the fish and bacon as well as the sauce turned out to be good - even better with a few drops of lemon juice. Downside.. there were only 5 pieces.

Pepper Crusted Chicken

Pepper Crusted Chicken. I loved how it looked on the menu, so I went for this, even if I did have a slightly similar dish (Chicken Diane at Burgoo). I loved how juicy the chicken meat was, and the pepper was a great seasoning (good thing they used ground pepper instead of coarsely cracked ones). It was served with some soba noodles, which had a slight seasoning to it, too, and the chicken was topped with wasabi butter, giving more dimension to the dish.  

Tempura Banana Split

Tempura Banana Split. Instead of going for separate desserts, we decided to go for this, so we could share it. I ate most of the strawberry ice cream, he ate most of the chocolate one, and we had equal share of the vanilla flavored ice cream. It might seem so typical, but what made this different to the other Banana Split dessert was that the bananas were cooked tempura style. The crispy fried tempura bananas provided a contrasting texture to the smooth ice cream, something we both appreciated.

While walking out of the mall, K thanked me for suggesting this place for us to eat. He truly found it heartwarming that I thought about the connection we had to John and Yoko (the celebrities), and thought this was a perfect ending for a wonderful 2-week holiday together.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}