Thursday, November 29, 2012

Celebrating Sister's 22nd Birthday

Gerry's Grill - SM City Fairview
LGF, SM City Fairview
Quirino Highway cor. Regalado Avenue, Quezon City
+ 63 (02)935-2133 / +63 (02)935-1779

Gerry's Grill - SM Fairview

Gerry's Grill is one of my sister's favorite places to eat whenever she's with a special someone, so it was no surprise when she chose this as the place where we will celebrate her birthday. I have dined there, but mom and brother haven't yet, so even if I prefer for us to eat elsewhere, I figured I'd give the place another chance.

Gerry's Grill - SM Fairview

I have always liked how the place looks like inside, however, despite the many lights, it still looked dark, making it difficult for me to take pictures of the food. I guess the warm tone in the lighting provide a certain feel while dining, and I guess I am fine with that.

Ginataang Kuhol

Ginataang Kuhol. This is sister's favorite Gerry's Grill dish; she always orders this one whenever she dine there, so even if us three (mom, bro, and I) still haven't browsed the menu, sister already ordered this for us to eat as an appetizer.

This would be my first time to eat snails at a restaurant (I do eat it at home, though), and this didn't disappoint me. The sauce wasn't too thick yet it was creamy; the alamang (shrimp paste) provided the right amount of seasoning, and the snails are cooked perfectly. We were provided with several color-coded toothpicks to help take out the meat inside the shells, and all of us had a fun time doing so.

Pansit Bihon

Pancit Bihon. Noodles for long life, of course! We only gave this a taste as it was too salty, we just opted to take it home so we could add more noodles to balance the saltiness.

Rice

Seafood Rice. Sister chose this; it was quite mushy for my taste, but the flavor was okay. It had shrimps and squid rings, which was cooked fine.

Kare-Kare

Beef Kare-Kare. It didn't look good, but this tasted really, really good! The ox tail was tender, the vegetables were crunchy, and the sauce was rich.

Fried Chicken

Fried Chicken. My mom's not really into fried chicken, but she ordered this. It was a little dry, but the taste was just okay. Just like the pancit, we took home most of the chicken pieces.

Grilled Tuna Belly

Grilled Tuna Belly. Brother's choice. Another awesome dish, I must say. No need for dipping sauce, it tasted great as is.

Tuna Sashimi

Tuna Sashimi. While we were saying our orders, the wait staff asked us if we wanted to avail their dining card, which allows users to have 1 free dish every time they dine. It was only 100 pesos, so sister availed for it - after all, it can be used in any Gerry's Grill branch. For her free food item, she chose the Tuna Sashimi, which she and brother shared. Well, I don't eat sashimi, so no comment from me.

Sago't Gulaman Buko Shake Mango Shake

Drinks. Mom had Sago't Gulaman, which was too sweet (she added more water to it), sister had Buko Shake, which she loved; and I had the Mango Sago, which had the right amount of sweetness to it. Brother went for the bottomless Iced Tea.

Sans Rival Ice Cream

Desserts. Two desserts for us four to share - Sans Rival, which was okay, (I still believe the one at Sizzling Plate Baguio tasted the best for me), and Ice Cream, which was a good way to end an awesome celebration.

Sister will be celebrating another birthday next month (yeah, this took so long before I could share it), I wonder where will we celebrate it?


FTFBadge
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}