Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sandy Daza’s Home Cooked Meals at The Maya Kitchen

The very first class I attended at The Maya Kitchen was truly fun and memorable, that I hope to attend more classes. Actually, my brother is also taking culinary classes on his own, and when he last talked about a class he took, mom sort of asked when will brother attend classes featuring savory dishes he could serve at home or during parties. I told brother about the class I attended at The Maya Kitchen, and telling them the experience made me feel hopeful to attend another class.

This, I come to know just now...

We all know the feeling of coming home to savor your favorite home cooked meals. Chef Sandy Daza will share his home cooked favorites as the guest chef of The Maya Kitchen on November 24, Saturday, 9am to 1pm.
Chef Sandy will demonstrate Shepherd’s Pie, Crispy Fish with Garlic Sauce, Shrimp Puttanesca, Spam Fried Rice, Coq Au Vin and Bread Pudding.

Chef Sandy graduated from New York’s Cornell University with a degree in hotel and restaurant management. He also attended Ecole Cordon Bleu and the American University both in Paris, France and went to Mandarin Hotel Cooking School on Thai Cuisine in Bangkok, Thailand.
He started on TV way back in 1987 co-hosting Cooking with the Dazas along with his mother, the culinary icon Nora Daza.

He is again hosting a cooking show named Kitchen Confidence with Sandy Daza that airs every Saturday 9am on Cignal TV.

Chef Sandy is also responsible for running a number of popular restaurants that includes Sandy’s Cuisine, both in Manila and Vancouver; Mai Thai Express Fastfood, Mai Thai Restaurant, Au Bon Café, all in Manila; Aux Iles Philippines in Paris, France and Maharlika Restaurant in New York City and then his latest Wooden Spoon which opened early this year at 329 Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights, Quezon City.

The Maya Kitchen also offers other classes for the month of November. The Lifestyle Courses are: Noche Buena Fair, November 10, Saturday, 9am-1pm; Pre-Holiday Baking, November 17 (Sat.) 9am-1pm; 7-Days Curing Ham, December 1, Saturday, 9am-1pm; Processed Meats and Atcharas, December 1, Saturday, 1-5pm; Pastillas Atbp., December 1, 1-5pm.

Certificate Courses with hands on include: Basic Culinary, November 6-9 and 20-23, Tuesday-Friday, 9am-3pm; Fundamentals of Bakery Production, November 13-16, Tuesday-Friday, 10am-3pm and November 10, 17, 24, Saturday, 9am-4pm, Saturdays, 9am-4pm; Cake Decorating (Basic and Advanced), November 27-29, Tuesday-Thursday, 10am-4pm.

For more information on other course offerings, log on to http://www.themayakitchen.com/ or e-mail contactus@themayakitchen.com or visit The Maya Kitchen Culinary Center every Tuesday to Saturday at 8F Liberty Building, 835 A. Arnaiz Avenue (Pasay Road), Makati City or call 8921185 / 892-5011 local 108 / Mobile No. +63947 835 2290.
{Press Release provided by The Maya Kitchen}

chef Sandy Daza

Chef Sandy Daza is one of my favorite local celebrity chefs. I grew up watching his culinary shows, and meeting him personally was one of the highlights of my 2011. Unfortunately, I only got to meet him and wasn't able to watch his cooking demo (set on a different date). I still hope to attend his culinary classes or even watch his cooking demo, which is why this class is something I look forward to.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}