Saturday, October 15, 2011

Foodie 365 | Week 41



I haven't updated my Foodie 365 for how many weeks because of many reasons, but here's an update. I am now on my Week 42.

Sardines with Bok Choy

281. Sardines with Bok Choy and Vermicelli

I took on this habit-a-week challenge, and even if I decided to restart for my weight loss journey, I think I have already developed the habit of eating veggies, and for tonight's dinner, I went to the market to buy two small cans of sardines (in tomato sauce) and some bok choy and a small pack of vermicelli noodles. A very simple dish, but healthy. :)

KFC

282. KFC Hot and Crispy

After the Lee Kum Kee Cooking with the Masters grand cooking demo at Glorietta, sister and I went to eat at KFC because for sure there will be no dinner waiting for us when we got home.

Lunch

283. Corned Beef with Potatoes and Mushrooms

I did a lot of house chores today, so I just reheated the left over food from yesterday's lunch.

Adobong Kangkong

284. Adobong Kangkong

Veggies for today! I love kangkong and I love adobo, so why not cook adobong kangkong?

Paksiw na Bangus

285. Paksiw na Bangus

Aunt Mary gave us some seafood from Pangasinan, so I cooked the bangus mom bought a few days before. Still taking on the habit of eating veggies, I asked friends what veggies I could add, and they said eggplant and ampalaya, so I went to the market (a good reason to walk) and bought the veggies.

Steamed Fish with Black Bean Tapenade

286. Steamed Fish Fillet with Black Bean Tapenade by Crustasia

Siblings and I went to the Appetite Magazine Restaurant Festival 2011 (full story on that tomorrow). I got to eat a lot, but among my favorites include this one by Crustasia.

Sinigang na Baka

287. Sinigang na Baka

Weekend is about to come, but we still haven't cooked the beef ribs we ordered last weekend, so I went to cook it. I asked sister if she preferred Sinigang or Nilaga, and she chose Sinigang because she wanted to eat taro. Well, comparing the health benefits from potatoes and cabbage (nilaga) to sitaw and kangkong (sinigang), I think it's healthier to eat sinigang. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}