Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Eating | A Lunch Before Hitting the Dessert Buffet

I am supposed to write about the L'art de la Patisserie (The Art of Pastry) event I attended last Saturday, but I decided to write about the lunch first, as the whole event - including the Dessert Buffet - deserved a post all on its own.

Restaurant 101

This was my third time to eat lunch at Restaurant 101, and on two occasions, it was because of the invitation I received from Nuffnang Philippines (this lunch and the first one). The other one was for the event organized by FOOD Magazine. The first two lunches had the same menu, and the reason for this separate post was because we were served a different lunch this time.

Students of the L'art de la Patisserie, including us - invited bloggers and other media people - had the option to choose where we wanted to sit, and I shared the table with Jonel (of NomNomClub) and two bloggers I met for the first time - Irian and Alvin.

Cream of Asparagus Soup

Cream of Asparagus Soup. A very great way of starting the meal. It was warm, which was something I personally prefer (I don't like scorching hot soup), creamy, and yes, comforting. Alongside the soup, there were also some rolls already served on the table, I got to eat the one with oat toppings again, which really tasted good with butter.

Chicken with Mushroom Sauce

Roasted Chicken with Potato Grata. Roasted chicken breast with creamy mushroom sauce served with Potato Grata on the side. The chicken tasted good, and the sauce was so delicious. However, I wasn't able to finish my chicken because it was the breast part and I am not really fond of eating chicken breast as I found it tasteless (in general). The Potato Grata on the other hand consisted of layers of potato slices with a creamy component at the top. Chicken and potatoes really went good together.


Dessert. Well, we weren't served desserts as part of the lunch because upstairs, a dessert buffet was waiting for us. This picture was something I took from my seat during the class (at the Culinary Amphitheater) - just two of the many desserts we sampled at the buffet.

...something to tease you for my full post about the event.

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last week.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}