Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend Eating | Siomai and Veggies

Hello all!

My post for today is late... I was just pretty busy yesterday and this morning, I did two routines of Hip Hop Abs because sis and I didn't jog - she was having leg pains, and I am nursing a headache. My weekend wasn't all that good because the sudden change of weather really wore me out, plus I did some house chores that really ate my time.

Siomai and Veggies

Yesterday, mom hosted a prayer meeting for the Handmaids of the Lord (a branch of Couples for Christ for "single" women - single moms, widows, wives whose husbands didn't want to join the community, and mature single women. She's her team's household leader, and because it will be mom's birthday this Tuesday, she figured she'd also serve snacks as her birthday treat to her members.

Sister and I went to the market to buy the ingredients, and while at the CDO outlet store, we got to see this pack of siomai. It was a bit pricey (I think), but because the prayer meeting would start at 2pm, we figured we would just cook something simple and fast for lunch, so sister and I would still have ample time to cook the birthday food. As my way of putting vegetables in my diet (I hope to eat at least one kind of vegetable everyday), I also bought 1/2 kilo of the chopped up vegetables, which I cooked in very little water with butter (I wanted to stir fry it, but I went for the buttered one instead). Normally, I don't like buying those chopped up vegetables in the market, but because it was still pretty early that day and that I saw the market stall helper chop up the vegetables, I am sure that it was still fresh.

My headache yesterday afternoon was really bad, so I totally forgot to take a picture of the snacks we served. Well, I will just take pictures of the food spread on Tuesday instead.

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last last week.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}