Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Eating | Veggies and Fish

I have been having problems with my weight ever since I could remember, and in high school was when I first learned about "1 cup of rice" and "matchbox cut pork," but I called it ridiculous. I love food and I love rice, and back then I could eat lots and lots of rice with minuscule amount of viand. Well, we all know what happened in this story - I ballooned to more than 200lbs.

Of all my attempts to lose weight, this year has got to be the year that I was more committed to it, but lately I have been struggling to find the enthusiasm. I am way too lazy to exercise (yes, I blame the rain for it - I know, I should blame myself), and I am seeing myself eating more rice than I should. Bad, Jenny.

Dinengdeng with Fish

Realizing we had a protein binge days before (mom hosted a post-birthday dinner for church org friends and we served pork bbq, lechon manok, and fish & chips), we decided to eat veggies last Saturday dinner. Mom requested the papaya-malunggay dinengdeng, which brother happily cooked. This is one of my favorite ways to cook dinengdeng, but because I had some snacks that afternoon, I psyched myself to go back measuring my food, and since sister needed the measuring cup for her cereal's milk, I decided to just go for 1/2 cup of rice and 1/2 cup of the dinengdeng, plus a piece of fried fish.

Thankfully, it was able to satisfy my tummy. I need to go back on track asap, and I am glad that despite my many pig out moments the past week, I can still happily go back with measuring my food intake.

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last week.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}