Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tomato and Herb Bruschetta Recipe

Last Friday, I shared to you the recipe of the Beef Stroganoff Pasta, for today let me share to you the other recipes cooked by Chef DeeJay Santos of McCormick at the SM Hypermarket Master Chefs cooking marathon.

Tomato and Herb Bruschetta

Tomato and Herb Bruschetta
{recipe by: McCormick}

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup chopped black olives
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon McCormick Oregano Leaves
  • 1 teaspoon McCormick Basil Leaves
  • 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Iodized Salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon McCormick Black Peppermill
  • 130 grams Kesong Puti, diced
  • 1 piece baguette, sliced and toasted
How to Cook:
  • Mix tomatoes, olives, oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, and salt in a medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
  • Top slices of baguette with kesong puti and tablespoon of tomato mixture.
Notes to Consider:
  • If your budget allows it, you can use Feta Cheese instead of kesong puti.
  • Toasted baguette slices should not be completely toasted; it's recommended that the outer part of the slice is firm yet the middle part still a bit soft.
  • You can also use Balsamic Vinegar instead of Cider Vinegar since both vinegar came from apples.

Like what I have said on my post before, I loved how well combined the flavors were. Since it had a hint of tart, it can really be a great appetizer, but I think it will also be a great snack.

If you want a cool drink to go with the bruschetta, you can try this:

Sparkling Rosemary Iced Tea

Sparkling Rosemary Iced Tea
{Recipe by: McCormick}

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons McCormick Rosemary Leaves
  • 1/2 cup simple syrup
  • lemon slices, for garnish
How to Prepare:
  • Bring water to a boil and remove from heat.
  • Steep in McCormick Rosemary Leaves for 1 minute.
  • Discard the rosemary leaves and pour through a fine sieve into a pitcher.
  • Stir in simple syrup. Chill.
  • Garnish with lemon slice and serve over ice.
To Make Simple Syrup:
  • To make simple syrup: boil 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup sugar.

It may sound "weird" to drink rosemary flavored water, but believe me, this is refreshingly good, and is rich in antioxidants, too!

To know more about the SM Hypermarket Master Chefs, please check their Facebook Page. If you want to be a part of the McCormick Friends and Flavor Club, you can join their Community on Facebook. Happy eating!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}