Friday, May 27, 2011

Lunch at Restaurant 101

Restaurant 101 - Enderun Colleges
1100 Campus Avenue - McKinley Hill
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
+63 (02)856-500 loc. 101

Restaurant 101 at Enderun Colleges

Restaurant 101 at Enderun Colleges

The Restaurant 101 is the application restaurant of Enderun Colleges. Their seasonal menus are conceived by Enderun's world-renowed culinary faculty, showcasing the techniques of traditional French cuisine, using fresh local ingredients.

The interiors are patterned from contemporary Parisian bistro, and under the watchful eyes of the college's food and beverage faculty, the students are the ones preparing, cooking, and serving the dishes, giving this restaurant a very unique quality.

Run by chef Thomas Wenger, select bloggers were treated to awesome lunch at this very elegant restaurant. We had:

Dinner Roll

Dinner Roll. We decided to take the four-seater table, sharing the table with Peachkins and her cousin. Two kinds of rolls were served on our table, and I got the one with oats. It was served with three dips/spreads - butter, eggplant spread, and olive oil with balsamic vinegar. The roll was crisp on the outside but very soft inside, and I loved pairing it with the eggplant spread.

Salmon Fillet  Salmon Fillet

Salmon Fillet (mi-cuit) with caper herb dressing and warm potato salad. In French cooking terms, "mi-cuit" means partially cooked. I am not really into raw fish, but since this is mi-cuit, I went ahead and eat it. The herb dressing was awesome, and pairing it with the potatoes, eating it was a delight. Each of the components of the dish has its own purpose, and I really suggest you eat everything should you try this dish. The cracked peppercorn, the capers, and the greens at the top of the salmon adds more flavor and dimension to the dish.

Chicken Basquaise

Chicken Basquaise with stewed peppers and Bayonne ham. This was actually my sister's plate... I just asked her if we can exchange plates, because her chicken were more toasted. Anyway, this is another good dish - the peppers were sweet (they were roasted, by the way), the ham was good... and the chicken was delicious. One question my sister and I were asking ourselves was how were they able to take out the bone in the thigh. Well, quite easy to answer, but the joints on both ends were still in the chicken, hence the question. I say it's nice knife work for them.

Louis XV

Louis XV

Louis XV. Before we went to the restaurant, they already told us they had a surprise for us at the end of the meal, and that surprise was this. Now, you may see that this is just a very simple looking dessert, but this one is something you shouldn't take at face value. Simple as it may seem, but this is actually one special dessert because you can only have this in two restaurants: the Restaurant 101 and the Le Louis XV in Monaco, a 3 star Michelin restaurant. The dessert is made up of chocolate crisp, ganache, and praline bar. Consistency wise, it was like eating a bar of KitKat or Twix with rich, creamy, not so sweet ganache (just the consistency, okay? The taste is obviously different than that - this was obviously more awesome). Another awesome thing to know about this dessert is that it has a very thin sheet of real 24K (or close to it) gold leaf at the top. One joke I told my companions, "If today is the end of the world, it's a good thing we were able to eat gold!" Luckily, the world didn't end that day, or else I won't be able to share this experience to you. :)

The Restaurant 101 at Enderun Colleges is open Mondays to Saturdays, from 11:30am to 2pm for lunch, and from 6 to 10pm for dinner. They also allow private parties and corporate gatherings, as this restaurant is equipped with state of the art IT equipment, which can be configured for audio-visual presentations. For more information about their menus, or if you want to make reservations, you may contact them at 856-5000 loc. 101 or check their website.

Big thanks to Enderun Colleges and Nuffnang Philippines for the invitation.

*** Jenn ***



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}