Thursday, May 5, 2011

MXT | Maxim's Tea House

MXT - Maxim's Tea House
Upper Ground Floor - SM City Fairview
Regalado Avenue cor. Quirino Highway, Quezon City
+63 (02)9393471
11 September 2010

MXT - Maxim's Tea House

Brother didn't want to come with us to do the grocery shopping, so it was just mom and I. Again, we wanted to eat somewhere cheap, but entering the Regalado Avenue entrance of the mall, we saw MXT and thought we should eat there because it has been a long, long time since we last ate there.

MXT - Maxim's Tea House

When the mall was still new and there weren't much food places, MXT - or Maxim's Tea House as it was called back then, was one of the most popular restaurants in the mall, occupying a very big space with lots of lazy susan tables. Now, it was kinda small, but still had a lot of tables for the guests.

Mom isn't really the one who loves going out, so once we sat down, she quickly checked the menu and ordered quickly:

Bird's Nest Soup

Bird's Nest Soup. We just wanted this small cup, because I am not really into soups, mom just went for this because our foods weren't soupy nor saucy. It tasted like any normal bird's nest soup I have tasted, though I felt as if they have used the instant powder kind. I could be wrong, of course.

Pancit Canton

Pancit. I forgot the exact name of this dish, but it was a combination of pancit canton and bihon. Mom and I both loved it because it was rightly seasoned, the noodles were cooked perfectly, and the veggies were still crunchy.

Fried Chicken

Fried Chicken (Half). I don't know what's with the fried chicken, but at most times, mom always choose the fried chicken if it's available in the menu. Well, this one tasted okay for me - it was tender, the skin was crispy, but somehow it didn't have the "wow" factor.

Almond Lychee

Almond Lychee. For desserts, I went for their almond lychee because I still haven't tasted this kind of dessert. Well, the lychee flavor was overpowering, it was a bit sweet for my taste, and because I am not a lychee lover, so I just gave it a taste and gave the rest to mom.

It was a simple lunch mom and I had, but what made the meal complete was the exchange of stories mom and I had about the place. My late father loved Chinese-inspired restaurants, and when he was still alive, we frequent this place because of their Shabu-Shabu, which daddy really loved. Recalling past memories was more than enough to fill our tummies and our spirits.

MXT is located near the Regalado Avenue entrance, and is next to Napoli Pizzeria.

*** Jenn ***



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}