Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend Eating | Turning 31

I was supposed to write this post last Friday and schedule to publish it midnight today, but Blogger had their maintenance routine last Friday, and since I didn't bring my net book with me when traveled to Quezon Province to take part of the Pahiyas Festival, it was just now that I am writing this (I got home some two hours ago).

Max's Corner Bakery Choco Mousse

Last Friday (13 May) was the day I turned 31. Mom had her own weekend out of town trip, so she talked to me about us celebrating it a day before, but I told her we don't need to go out and celebrate it, after all, receiving the greetings was already enough for me (I am the only one in the family who doesn't really celebrate birthday in a "big" way). I told her she should just focus on the things she needed to do for her own trip, and that me traveling to Quezon was something I am eyeing for, so no need for a celebration.

However, last Thursday, brother met up with mom at the mall because they needed to buy something for the circuit breaker (long story, but the jist of it was... some wall electrical outlets have no power and the switch on the circuit breaker was dysfunctional already). When they got home, mom gave me the box of cake. I asked her why, and she just said, "Well, it's your birthday!" Well, not yet... but me specifically telling her not to bother about anything made me feel so emotional about the cake. I just gave her a tight hug and thanked her for the gesture. Of course, no eating first... I let this one wait 'til the next day.

Birthday Cake

My birthday cake this year is the Chocolate Mousse Cake by Max's Corner Bakery. No specific reason why mom chose this, but I was happy because I still haven't tasted this cake. I liked it, though this would be the first time I'd complain about a cake "not too sweet." Well, anybody can enjoy the cake, and it is a positive remark when I say it's not too sweet, but then, I guess I am so used to eating a chocolate mousse cake on the sweeter side so it became a negative remark when I say it is not too sweet. I just wished they added a little sugar in it.

Turning 31

My cat Paborito was here on my birthday, but he was so aloof and he didn't want us to come near him, so this year I am posing with Oreo. Well, he always likes being inside the house, and he was checking what we were doing, so I just carried him and posed for a picture with him.

This year, my birthday started at 3AM because mom had to be ready by 4AM. She traveled to Pangasinan with her church org friends, so us siblings woke up real early to help her prepare. It was sad to spend my birthday with my mom far from me, but that first hour of my day with her was certainly more than enough.

So... what did you have this weekend?

If you're joining the meme, here are the obvious rules:
  • Post images of a food you ate, cooked, bought, or prepared during the past weekend (Friday included). Please use only images that are your own, or you have permission to use.
  • Please do include the code of the badge, so your readers can easily come here in case they want to join, too.

    Available badges (choose one):







  • Leave your link below once you're done making the post.
  • Visit other participants' blogs and leave a comment love, too.




*** Jenn ***

ps - big thanks to everyone who greeted me using different media - Facebook, E-Mail, phone calls, text messages, cards.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}