Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekend Eating - Botoy's Lechon Manok

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you had a great weekend.

Botoy's Lechon Manok


Last Saturday was quite a busy day in our house. Too many household chores to be done, and we also have to prepare foods and wrap gifts. Mom asked us to go to the nearby supermarket to get some things for her menudo dish (she will attend a Christmas party later that afternoon), and alongside, we were asked to buy 10 cans of fruit cocktail, which she will give to her members.

There was an electricity problem at the supermarket, which delayed our shopping, so on our way home, brother decided to buy one whole roasted chicken at Botoy's the newly opened roasted chicken outlet here in our area. Great thinking really - we have visitors in the house, so buying ready cooked food made lunch easier for us, although brother still cooked fish paksiw to add to the lunch.

I like Botoy's chicken. I guess them stuffing the inner cavity of the chicken with lemongrass, garlic, and laurel leaves made it really tasty. With prices in the same range as the other roasted chicken here, I guess we will now be loyal customers of Botoy's.

So, what did you have last weekend? If you want to join the meme, please follow the rules written at the upper right part of this blog. Thanks.





*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}