Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lunch at the Picnic Grove

Alamat Restaurant
Picnic Grove Complex
Calamba Road - Sungay East,
Tagaytay City, Cavite
+63 (46)860-0216; +63 (46)860-0217
13 April 2010


May 2009, I was lucky to be one of the select bloggers to take part of the Enchanted Kingdom Magikalympics, and I was even luckier that our team won the said event. Our team of 10 members were given 5 GCs for One Tagaytay Place, and I was one of the luckiest in the team to get one of the GCs. The GC will expire by the end of April 2010, and I didn't want it to go to waste, so I when I started telling some of my friends about it, one of them asked me to tag her along and she would be happy to cover all my expenses. Who would turn down something like that? :)

Alamat Restaurant

Check-in time for One Tagaytay Place was 2pm, and we arrived there at 10am. We just left our bags at the concierge and took a tricycle to the Picnic Grove to wind off time. It was very hot and sunny that day, and my companion asked for us to come back at the hotel upon knowing they could check us in at 12nn. Both of us don't know much restaurants in the area, and we knew foods at the hotel's restaurant would be expensive, so when we saw the Alamat Restaurant, my companion asked me if it would okay for me to eat there. I didn't see why not.



Dining Area

We decided to dine inside the restaurant because (like I said) it was a hot and sunny day, and we wanted to have some breeze of air, even if it was from electric fan.

Al Fresco

They also have a dining area outside, for big groups of people and / or smokers. The Alamat Restaurant had different food selections, but since my companion was on a budget as well, we just went for their rice meals. There were 12 rice meals to choose from, and we went for:

Menudo Plate

Menudo Plate. My companion's choice. It was okay... the bell peppers were crunchy, it had a hint of liver spread, but it didn't have potatoes.

Lechon Kawali Plate

Grilled Liempo Plate. My choice. It was tender, not so fatty, and a good pair for the chopseuy.

Each rice meal was about p150, and it came with a small bowl of soup (or broth), and a small serving of chopseuy. The chopseuy was delicious, too, the veggies are still crunchy just like how I want my veggies to be. The dishes were seasoned right, no need to add more condiments.

Mango Shake

Mango Shake. Both of us opt to go for the ripe mango shake as our drinks, a refreshing way to beat the heat.

The Tagaytay Picnic Grove is a place where families and friends can enjoy a good time together. It's a place where people can bring baskets of foods to share, but of course for people (like us) who just came to enjoy the surroundings, having a place like the Alamat Restaurant to eat at was a blessing.

The Alamat Restaurant is located near the cottages with triangular roofs. Prices of their foods weren't that expensive, though I share the sentiments of one blogger who told servings weren't that much, especially when I saw them serve foods at a table who went for their group set meals.

*** Jenn ***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont eat at this alamat restaurant.. the foods, ambiance and staffs are all disgusting! Its not worth it!!! You may eat at other restaurant instead of this resto. If you will like to stay in picnic grove highly recommended to bring foods.. we just drop by and eat at this resto a few minutes ago. It is the worst ever restaurant!

John dela Cruz said...

i had an amazing time at alamat restaurant... the food was great and the service was awesome... cold weather and bulalo was perfect combination... bringing the girl i like was a great idea for we became a couple in a romantic venue... we will celebrate our first monthsary with you guys at Alamat Restaurant...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}