Monday, October 18, 2010

Kowloon House's Jumbo Pao

I was really lazy this weekend; I even forgot to take a picture of something I ate, so I will just rewind and share another food I ate from the other weekend. :)

Kowloon House Jumbo Pao

Every Saturday late afternoon 'til late night, my brother would go to Lagro (Quezon City) to attend the SFC-CLP of their chapter. I received a call from him the other Saturday, just to have a quick chat, and I asked him to buy me one jumbo pao from Kowloon House kiosk, also in Lagro. It's open 24 hours, so brother didn't have any reason not to buy me one.

I have always loved Kowloon House's siopao. Normally, I would just buy their regular sized siopao (P55 for 2 pieces), but when I read an article on the Top 10 Best Tasting Siopao in the Metro and Kowloon House's jumbo pao made the list, I got a little interested in tasting it. Come to think of it, I still haven't tasted it, until now.

Size wise, it was really that big - slightly bigger than the 7-11 siopao, but it was really heavy! When I steamed this one (I ate my share the next day, of course), I couldn't pick it up using the tongs! Hahahaha... In eating this, I really had to use a knife, because if I just hold it, it would be a bit too thick to handle.

I am used to eating the asado flavor, so me eating the bola bola flavor was a great change. What made me like it more was that the chorizo slices were just so big, too! I love, love it! The downside is that, I had a difficult time eating the whole siopao! I guess I will just have to stick to the regular ones. :)

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}